Paying for eBay purchase with credit card as a purchase, not a cash advance

Powerman
Contributor
Contributor

How do I pay for eBay purchase with credit card as a purchase, not a cash advance?

I've only used PayPal do e-checks, and I've only paid for eBay purchases with a debit card.

However, now I want to pay for an eBay item with a credit card, but I only want to use the credit card if

the payment will be considered as a PURCHASE, and NOT a CASH ADVANCE.

Appreciate the help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Powerman, and welcome to the Community!

When you pay via the eBay checkout, the payment is correctly classified as a purchase, regardless of the funding source used.

Similarly, payments sent through the Send Money tab will also be classified based on the selection you make at the time of payment. Unless you select Cash Advance from the available options, the transaction won't be classified that way.

Please come back and let us know if this answers your question. The Community would love to know! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.