Paying an Invoice that is not Itemized

H_Maize
New Community Member

Hi. I am currenty trying to buy resin molds from a girl in a Facebook group I am a part of. I have purchased molds from people in this group through PayPal before with no problems - however, when i sent her my paypal account name to send me an invoice, she said she was getting an error message from paypal saying the username was invalid. She asked me to send the money to her account. I told her I was not comfortable sending money to someone without an itemized invoice and gave her my second paypal name. That username apparently gave her no issure because she has sent me an invoice for the items i am trying to purchase - however, the invoice is not itemized, it just says it is a payment request and does not list what items i am paying for. my question is, if i pay this invoice and I do not recieve my items, will i be able to get my money back from paypal? I have recieved and paid invoices through paypal 2 or 3 times but the invoices have always listed the items i was purchasing.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@H_Maize

You would probably get a refund for non receipt of item BUT if you received items that were not as described OR not all of the items then as there was no description you may well lose, as paypal could not see that the item sent was not what you paid for.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The seller didn't need your PayPal email in order to send you an invoice.  Did she send an invoice or a request for payment?  They are not the same.  A request for payment generally will not have details; I would not pay a request for payment from a stranger.  A PayPal-generated invoice is designed to have details.  The seller should have all of the details completed on the invoice; that includes items, prices, shipping cost, shipping method, date of planned shipping, seller's name and adress.  The invoice will arrive by email with link to click for payment.

In the end, your first line of defense is your own judgment; don't rely on PayPal buyer protection to protect you from bad judgment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.