PayPal took money out of my bank account out of nowhere! Can't remove my bank account either!

Angry_User

Hi everyone, I am a very unhappy PayPal user.

There have been "Miscellaneous Payments" to PAYPAL PTE LTD made from my bank account in different amounts. I did NOT make any transactions with my debit card since it is new. I will not state the amount due to privacy reasons but it is quite a bit.

These "miscellaneous payments" show up on my bank statement but not on my PayPal statement so I can't directly dispute these transactions on PayPal. 

I am also unable to remove my bank account from my PayPal account because there is a "pending transaction"

Like what the heck? I never made a transaction with my debit card EVER. 
"Sorry, you can't remove this bank account because of a pending transaction. Please try again later." 

I called my financial institute and they told me to call my branch and report these transactions to dispute them. But for now, has anybody experienced an issue with this? I want to deactivate my PayPal account! 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Angry_User

Did you pay anyone via your bank account via instant bank transfer?

If you are looking at the transactions don't forget the dates won't marry up as when you pay someone paypal credits that person for you and the funds won't leave your bank account until a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Angry_User

@kernowlass
No, I have NEVER made a transaction with my debit card. I opened up my bank account, put in some money, and that was that. Never touched it since. Other than connecting it to PayPal. Nothing in terms of making payments with my debit card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Angry_User

I didn't ask about your debit card.

I meant your bank account via instant bank transfer if you have it linked?

If not then i would phone customer services asap.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Angry_User

@kernowlass

Nope, did not link it to instant bank transfer.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Angry_User

OK then phone customer services asap for them to check it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Angry_User

@kernowlass

Just called PayPal and they said there weren't any transactions linked from my bank account to my PayPal account. Very strange. I guess it might not be a problem with PayPal. Could it possibly be fraud? I will be visiting my local branch sometime this week to get this sorted out.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Angry_User

I would phone the number on the back of your debit card asap if i were you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If these charges shown up in your bank statement and not your Paypal account and has description like PAYPAL etc,someone has managed to hack into your bank account and hoping you would be fooled .

Dispute these charges with your bank and trace how did they manage to debit your bank account,look outside Paypal.  

Login to Me Too

heavensent

I found out yesterday by going into my bank account that pay pal have taken money out of my A/C on july 4th 2016 , now i have not used pay pal in over a year i called the bak they said you have to call pay pal , well you cant speak to anyone , its a machine so cross , so yesterday i spent hours trying to find out what to do so my partner went to summary and resolve that was yesterday afternoon and opened a case but theres been no reply back from pay pal unsure if we have done it right ? any one got any ideas ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.