PayPal sent confirmation email with incorrect shipping address (in different country)

JasperJ
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I received a confirmation email from PayPal for an eBay transaction and the mailing address under my name is in a different country than I am!  I checked the transaction in PayPal and the correct address is showing.  But I am just afraid that the seller might ship item to the incorrect address in the incorrect country.  It is strange that the info mixup comes in an email from PayPal, not from the seller.  Have there been similar issues with others and what do I do other than contact the seller (which I have done)?  I tried to find a way to write and ask PayPal for help more directly, but that was an unsuccessful endeavour and that is why I am here now...  Thank you very much to whoever who can help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

JasperJ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I received a note back from seller.  Apparently the Global shipping program means that my eBay item goes to a US address [1850 Airport Exchange Blvd #200 Erlanger, KY, 41018-3193]  and then it comes to me in Canada.  Not sure why they are so unclear about things in my email from PayPal; I was really worried there!  Below is all they write, no explanations at all!

You sent a payment of $XX.XX USD for the following items at eBay Inc.

Thanks for using PayPal to make your purchase on September 4, 2013. To see the payment details, log in to your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.  

Shipping address - confirmed
XXXXXXX  XXXXXXX [my name here]

1850 Airport Exchange Blvd #200

Erlanger, KY 41018-3193
United States

And then they break down the one purchase into 2 "Orders". Edit to add:  There was no mention of my actual address in the email either, just the above one.

For what it's worth, maybe the above may help someone else in this situation.  (I'm new to this Global Shipping Program, not to PayPal and eBay).  Sorry if this was not the right place(?), but I do not know where else I should have gone.

Thanks,

JasperJ

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

JasperJ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I received a note back from seller.  Apparently the Global shipping program means that my eBay item goes to a US address [1850 Airport Exchange Blvd #200 Erlanger, KY, 41018-3193]  and then it comes to me in Canada.  Not sure why they are so unclear about things in my email from PayPal; I was really worried there!  Below is all they write, no explanations at all!

You sent a payment of $XX.XX USD for the following items at eBay Inc.

Thanks for using PayPal to make your purchase on September 4, 2013. To see the payment details, log in to your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.  

Shipping address - confirmed
XXXXXXX  XXXXXXX [my name here]

1850 Airport Exchange Blvd #200

Erlanger, KY 41018-3193
United States

And then they break down the one purchase into 2 "Orders". Edit to add:  There was no mention of my actual address in the email either, just the above one.

For what it's worth, maybe the above may help someone else in this situation.  (I'm new to this Global Shipping Program, not to PayPal and eBay).  Sorry if this was not the right place(?), but I do not know where else I should have gone.

Thanks,

JasperJ

Login to Me Too

moreredtape
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. The same thing just happened to me and freaked me the F out. I sure as heck don't live at the Kentucky airport! I scrambled to double check all my addresses.

To top it off, Paypal absolutely **bleep** when it comes to explainations in their less than "informational" "help" emails.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.