PayPal pending status 17 days and counting

Puki99
Contributor
Contributor

So i guess i wanna ask is that normal to have a pending status on your money for so long and if it is how can it be!? I have contacted paypal via contact us inquiring about my issue 11 days ago and still haven't got any kind of answer back... I have tried all i could think off from asking my friends for help and support in creating an account and account details to calling my bank and asking about the issue. Bank said it is in paypals hands and if my account is somehow invalid than i would expect at least an answer saying something like hey we cant help you till you fix your account ! So you can see my frustration with this issue i hurt all over wasting my time once again writing stupid mails and posts... Just to note my bank account is not US. Any meaningful explenation or advice would be welcome! Seems kinda sad when you consider the fact that paypal cant answer a simple email in 15 freaking days!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Puki99

I think if you clicked on "whats this" you may see the 21 day hold.

But the problem lies in HOW your employer sent your payment.

If they used the send money > goods option then paypal would see you as a new seller and so you would have the 21 day hold applied. The funds are released early if you provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer.

Of course you can't do that so you will have to wait till they release them at 21 days.

IF however your employer had used the send money > family / friends option then paypal would not have held the funds.

Hope that makes sense, your funds are held for 21 days and released on day 22 but next time get your employer to use the other method to send the funds.

Have to go out for a meal now (evening where I am) but will check back later if you have other questions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Puki99

What country are you in?

What countries paypal account do you have?

What funding sources do you have linked to your paypal account?

Are you talking about a pending withdrawal ie does it say pending in your paypal account.

OR is it completed in your paypal account and not completed in your bank account?

Have you verified your bank account to your paypal account with the 4 digit code?

Are you transfering to a bank account or trying to withdraw to a debit card??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Puki99
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I am in Bosnia and Herzegovina at least my bank account is... I believe my paypal account is also Bosnian as when i am loging in i see this https://www.paypal.com/ba/webapps/mpp/home. When you say founding sources i believe you refer to things like my credit card, so i have Visa electron credit card linked to my account and confirmed. When i say pending i mean that i have received a payment from my employer and it has been completed, now that money has pending status on it, on my paypal account. For example when i go to withdraw, all i can see is 1.95 $ out of 301.95 $(1.95 $ being the refound money i recieved from paypal after verifying my account, and the rest 300 $ is pending)...I am trying to clear this pending status so i can withdraw money to my Visa card. Thanks for your time!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Puki99

OK then when you hover around the pending status or click on it then does it say anything about a 21 day hold??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Puki99
Contributor
Contributor

No, i see nothing of the sort... For example i log in, go to overview i get a welcome message followed by :

Hovering over Pending balace does nothing and when i click on it i am presented with this:

Pending Balance

Currency : U.S. Dollar

Balance Type Amount Payment settlement $300.00 USD Total pending balance $300.00 USD
  1. Payment settlement
Payment settlement

Payments you receive go to your pending balance. Payments in your pending balance belong to you, but you can't use them or withdraw them. After you have a successful selling history with us, payments you receive go directly into your available balance shortly after they're sent, as long as your customer hasn't reported any problems with the purchase.

Number of payments under payment settlement: 1

Pending balance for transactions under payment settlement: $300.00 USD

Reading through this makes no sense to me... How can i have successful selling history if i cant access my money on my account?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Puki99

I think if you clicked on "whats this" you may see the 21 day hold.

But the problem lies in HOW your employer sent your payment.

If they used the send money > goods option then paypal would see you as a new seller and so you would have the 21 day hold applied. The funds are released early if you provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer.

Of course you can't do that so you will have to wait till they release them at 21 days.

IF however your employer had used the send money > family / friends option then paypal would not have held the funds.

Hope that makes sense, your funds are held for 21 days and released on day 22 but next time get your employer to use the other method to send the funds.

Have to go out for a meal now (evening where I am) but will check back later if you have other questions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Puki99
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your explanation it is clear to me now, will accept it as a solution. Have a nice meal!

Login to Me Too

Puki99
Contributor
Contributor

I am truly sorry for reviving this thread, but PayPal still hasn't realised my money from pending balance, it has been definitely more than 22 days... So what gives; whats happening ? Also, worth mentioning is that in the meanwhile i have recieved another payment from my employer, all the money stacked up in a single balance amount. I hope that does not prolong the pending status on all of the sum - that is also my question to you? Really sorry to bother you, but since PayPal won't answer any of my e-mails i have no other choice...

Login to Me Too

Puki99
Contributor
Contributor

I hope i dont need to start a new tread this one contains all the info and background needed... So no one knows why after 25 days PayPal is not removing pending status? As far as i can see im the unique case amongst the people i know.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Puki99,

Hopefully it has been resolved by now.  There are many reasons why this could happen but if we assume it's part of the funds availability program, the amount of time the funds are held can depend on country.  For example, for some countries the time frame is 30 days.

We have more information about how PayPal works in those countries on this page:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full

Thanks,

Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.