PayPal disputing claim after it was resolved?

Sarahcat77
Contributor
Contributor

This is going to possibly be long, I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

Back in May a client of mine filed a claim against me for over $1,000 dollars after I sent them the item back. They lied and changed the reason for the claim at least 3 times, trying to **bleep** me over. I won the case as I had proof of me sending it back to them and refunding them some of the amount.

Fast forward to July. They've somehow managed to file against me a SECOND TIME. The 180 day window is up at this point. I call PayPal, they're clueless, and a rep tells me there's nothing I can do. I find out it's through their credit card company so I link them to the original claim and PayPal sides it in my favor.

Fast forward to today (August 23rd). I have the daylights scared out of me for the upteenth time as I see "PayPal disputing claim" as an update.

For some proof, here's two screenshots of the second claim, one from earlier this month and one from today.

Earlier: http://imgur.com/a/afHPs

Today: http://imgur.com/a/QSaEf

Is this just PayPal disputing the fees they paid on behalf of me because of the wrongly filed claim? Should I call them about it or is it not worth getting anxious over?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

based on what you told us and the 2 links to the case,there is not enough information of what is the latest status unless you show us the progress til today.

Did you click on details?what does it say?

Login to Me Too

Sarahcat77
Contributor
Contributor

@lancelotme If you click a blank page pops up. Not very helpful on PayPal's part! 😞

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

No,I click on the 2 links you listed,it just does not tell what is the latest status.

It just said chargeback reason code 53,so what is the latest status as of today?

Sometimes picking up the phone and call the buyer helps,or call Paypal if you cant get more information from the case. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Did Paypal send you an email today because there is update to your case?

Then you should log into your account and find out what is the latest? 

Login to Me Too

Sarahcat77
Contributor
Contributor

@lancelotme I'm confused about your comments. The status as of today is the one that is the link marked as today. 

Login to Me Too

Sarahcat77
Contributor
Contributor

Calling PayPal would be a last resort for me which is why I made an account here. It's not that I have an issue calling them but I've called them 6 times about the first claim and 3 times about this one already. It's a waste of my time to sit on hold for 30 minutes and then get retold what I see on my screen. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

what you provided us sofar gives no clue what is happening?

Does Paypal ask you to do something ?

May be a simple way is to look into your account and see if it withholds any $$  

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I see,it said being reviewed by Paypal August 22 ,2016.

what is chargeback reason code 53?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I see 53= item not as described.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.