PayPal dispute escalated to a claim??

Jcishere
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I had a transaction where I sold an item for $130.00 on December 1st, 2015. I was told to ship it so I shipped it December 9th in the middle of the day. I had already received the money. But then I noticed the dispute was escalated to a claim on the morning of December 9th. Then I went to go ship it and provided the tracking number to the guy and he continued with the investigation because the tracking number wasn't working. A couple hours they awarded him the case and refunded $130.00 to him but I had just shipped the item. Now I got it appealed, but the resolution was fast and the tracking information was correct? So who decides the case, the buyer or Paypal on behalf of the buyer?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Credit card companies have the final say.  Next in line for decision is PayPal.

Decision is not up to buyer or seller.

As for the displute, details are missing.

When was payment received by PayPal?

What was the claim by buyer?

Why wasn't it shipped earlier?

If the claim was for non-delivery, at the time of the claim there was no delivery and not even any shipping, so it seems like an easy claim in the buyer's favor.

Depnding on the details of the case, perhaps you could appeal the decision.

Login to Me Too

Jcishere
Contributor
Contributor
I got the money December 1st, claim was filed for December 9th,, decision also came in favour of the opposing party on the afternoon of the same day but I shipped the item on that day before the claim was resolved.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Was the claim for non-receipt?

Why didn't you ship immediately?

So, the decision was made BEFORE the buyer received the item; that would seem like the correct decision as it wasn't a claim about non-shipment but about non-receipt.

Login to Me Too

Jcishere
Contributor
Contributor
I told the buyer I would ship by Wednesday December 9th, but he filed a claim on that same day then I shipped the item through Canada post and gave him the tracking number but I then lost the case and the $130 was refunded to him and now my item is still in transit.Also Canada post lagged on the tracking number.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.