Pay the Transport Charges to the Transport Company.

JonAriesL
Contributor
Contributor

this is my first time using paypal. someone says that he wanted to buy my item and i agreed. he said he had transferred a total amount of money but in order to complete the transaction, i have to pay the shipping agents (via western union money transfer) he wanted and i need to show the proof to paypal team that i have paid the shipping agent. is this correct ? i'm asking this so that i know whether this is correct or someone just tried to take my money. i need response immediately. thanks. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi JonAriesL,

Welcome to the Community!

You're right to be skeptical - this is a typical feature of whats known as Advanced Fee Fraud (and it's also not how PayPal works, at all).  Any money you wire out through Western Union can't be recalled, and any time anyone sends you money in PayPal, it's always visible in your balance.

You'll find quite a few similar stories here, in this thread.

I would strongly recommend discontinuing business with this individual.

Thanks,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

JonAriesL
Contributor
Contributor

thanks admin, there are also email sent to me said that i need to send them the payment info within 24 hours and if i failed to do so, legal action would be taken against me. is this real? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi JonAriesL -

Nope, that email is most definitely fake as well. Forward any emails you get from "PayPal" relating to this situation to spoof@paypal.com as we like to keep track of them. Beyond that, you can disregard any threats or information they're sending you. Nothing is going to happen. 🙂

- Andy

Login to Me Too

JonAriesL
Contributor
Contributor

thanks a lot admin. what a relieve.. thanks again.Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Raeshaunm
New Community Member

Just received this email from a potential customer (I thought). And decided to look this up because it didnt make since that i wouod have to pay that.The scam went like this ... A woman texted me first asking me to send her husband a text to discuss the payment arrangement because she was at work. So i did, and the husband replied he wanted it for his son. A <removed> sent 600.00 which was double the amount! The pending amount only showed in the email and not in pay pal balances. Then he or she kept telling me to read the terms and conditions and to confirm payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.