Occasional credit card vendor

Mr_Jan
Contributor
Contributor

I am on the board of a Homeowner's association and we occasionally get a request to put the annual dues on a credit card. Perhaps 2 times a year.  Is anyone using Paypal credit cards acceptance Cas infrequently and how is it working for you and what is the fee structure?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can set up your personal acocunt to accepte payments, but it really would not be advisable.  Any payments would be very high risk of fraud for you.  If the Association really wants to accept credit cards, the Association should contact a major credit card processing entity such as FirstData.

The Association could also set up an account with a local bank whereby payments are made directly to the bank.  This could be done through a Homeowner management company.

The Asocciation is a business, make sure it conducts its business in a financially sound matter.  Your Association's accounting firm should be managing this.

Login to Me Too

Mr_Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Fraud would not be a problem as we know the name and address of every person who would be making a charge.  We can do this though our website provider who also uses Paypal but the way they set up access has been making our homeowners think we have them listed as not paid their dues.  I have to assume if we can do this though our website provider, we can do it directly though Paypal.  

I really just wanted to know if they had a program that would make two transactions a year inexpensive enough to bother with. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.