Note to Seller

Chardongentry
Contributor
Contributor

More than half of my buyers can not find any Message to Seller or like, place to leave me specifications.  Paypal swears all their payment forms have this on there.  They sent me a Screen Print that I could not open with WIndows 7.  Now they will not talk to me at all.  What is the deal?  More than half my oustomers can't be that stupid, but they swear it is not on there.  My copy says Note to Seller  Buyer hasn't sent a note!

How can they if it is not on there?

Don

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

SkyForce6
Contributor
Contributor

If it is a purchase on a web site then it is up to the seller who creates the button for the item if a note to seller option should be possible or not.

If you are talking about eBay then I agree the solution is a bit unintuitive  because the note to seller option is not available after the buyer have logged in to his/hers PayPal account to pay for the item. He/She have to include the note directly when he/she have clicked the Pay now button on eBay. It is available only on the first screen under review Your purchase page. The option is not available after clicking Continue to log in to his/hers PayPal account.

When the buyer clicks on Pay now..the next page should state"Review your Purchase". On that page if the buyer scrolls down a bit he/she should se on the left side of the page under seller information. There should be a yellow plus sign and then the text "Message To seller name" and then the link Add message. Thats the link the buyer must click to include a message to the seller on PayPal.

It is possible for sellers these days to turn that option off tough. So if you have not enabled that option in your eBay Seller settings then the buyers will not be able to send you a note to seller notification.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.