Not able to pay eBay auctions with credit cards??

Mavrick88
Contributor
Contributor

Just checking to see if anyone else is having this issue.

I am winning auctions on eBay and I can not pay using PayPal with saved credit cards. The ONLY option that comes up is to pay with eCheck. I called PayPal to make sure I didn't do something wrong and they told me that everything is fine with my account but there is a problem with paying eBay auctions directly with PayPal and using a credit card. They said the ONLY way around that right now is to contact the seller and ask them to send a PayPal invoice instead and that will allow you to use your credit card. I tried that with one auction and the seller agreed to do so. Once that was done, sure enough it worked. But now my eBay doesn't show the item as "paid" because the seller had to manually send me an invoice for the auction. I "maked payment as sent" in eBay but how do I know it really 'registered' as paid with eBay? This is crazy. It's been like this since 4/1/13 and I was wondering if anyone else is having this same issue.

Thanks,

Mav

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It appears others are having the same issue.  Not sure how eBay and PayPal will protect sellers and buyers as they are advising folks to go outside the system as a work around. Hopefully buyers and sellers are getting names, numbers and dates when told to do this.

Login to Me Too

Mavrick88
Contributor
Contributor

That's a good idea. I mean, I feel as a buyer that somehow I'm not being protected because it doesn't show "paid" on eBay's end when you do it this way. I've paid 5 auctions like this now and none of them have updated tracking info like usual. I'm getting worried and I don't understand why eBay/PayPal can't get this fixed with their Billions of dollars they transfer daily.

Login to Me Too

sailor1mom
Contributor
Contributor

Just as a note on the tracking, not all sellers use the ebay ship thing which allows the tracking to be set up and shown.  I am not sure why they do not, I, as a seller, love that.

but many sellers still go to the post office or thru the post office site and never enter the delivery confirmation. AND

some sellers act like that they donot know what it is?  I had one seller ask why should they do it? that is does not cover them.  I tried to tell them that if they donot use it, that paypal will automatically judge against them in loss. they cannot prove that they shipped it.  they would not accept that their reciept of shipping is not enough.

Paypal needs to reaffirm some of these older rules for the newer sellers and buyers.

also about the insurance thing.  Paypal came out and told sellers that the disclaimers of not responsbile once item is shipped does not work that they are responsible but there are sellers out there that still do not get it.  I avoid them.

Paypal really needs to step up and handle these issues.

Login to Me Too

tommig51
New Community Member

I also am having issues - just today I went to pay for something and got a message after I clicked on confirm payment that payment is denied due to "restrictions on my account?  whats up ?

Login to Me Too

pianist33
Contributor
Contributor

I'm still having that issue. 

Login to Me Too

fc143
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, sell ebay short in the stock market they are going to take a major hit.

Login to Me Too

fc143
Contributor
Contributor

They will not allow you to pay with automatic draft out of you checking account because the transfer is backed uyp with a credit card, which they don't recognize.  Real major problem, I did not wish to use a credit card, but take the money from my checking account.

Login to Me Too

Mavrick88
Contributor
Contributor

I'm still having the same issue. They told me "we'll fix it soon" and I thought they meant a few hours. I wonder if they got hacked? If so, they need to make this public! What about all our very secure personal info??

Login to Me Too

rk-studio
Contributor
Contributor

I think something serious DID happen. I'm having problems with a customer trying to pay with paypal. She said the name at the top of the invoice isn't her name. Somethings up. I hope they can fix it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.