No transaction, no e-mail, money is gone!

JustinOoi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I've used PayPal for a long time now. This is my FIRST time encountering such an issue.

I sent a payment of $84 to another user, and it gave me an error and said that my transaction could not be completed. I checked my balance and my money was GONE! I have NO TRANSACTION THAT SHOWS ME GIVING AWAY $84, NO E-MAILS either!

I talked with my recipient and he said that he didn't receive the money either! What happened to my money?!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

JustinOoi
Contributor
Contributor
Funds have been added back into my account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

xbnj
Contributor
Contributor

The same exact thing happened to me, but it was $200 sent. Please let me know if you are able to find an answer or reason as to why this happened. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Thriftysigns
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen. I called PayPal and they said it was a system issue they were aware of and that the funds would show up in a few hours. It's been a few hours and still no money. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Login to Me Too

xbnj
Contributor
Contributor

That is the same thing that I was told. I still have nothing showing. Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep you posted if anything happens and I hope that you will do likewise.

Login to Me Too
Solved

JustinOoi
Contributor
Contributor
Funds have been added back into my account.
Login to Me Too

Lboys02
New Community Member

I was charged on my bill me later account and I still have not recieved any itme yet. I also saw that the seller is not a member anymore and when i emailed they said there was no tracking number that it was coming air mail. But i have no transaction number or show no transaction on my pay pal account. I dont know the steps to go about trying to get my money back

Login to Me Too

Thriftysigns
Contributor
Contributor

No funds in mine yet. Guess I will wait a while longer.

Login to Me Too

xbnj
Contributor
Contributor

No funds back in my yet either. I'm going to give it until tomorrow and see and if there is still nothing I will contact paypal again.

Login to Me Too

rosieq
New Community Member

I too had this issue on friday.  today, monday the 29th money is still missing!!  i just spoke to someone at pp they claim all transactions should be in their proper place by tomorrow morning.  i worked in banking for many years and my husband does IT for many difft banks we've never seen anything like this!!  posting b/c very hard to find any info about this!!

Login to Me Too

Thriftysigns
Contributor
Contributor

My funds have not yet been returned either. When I called Friday, they said it would be a few hours. When I called Saturday, they said it would be the next day. When I called Sunday, they said it would be there on Monday. It is now Monday and still no money. I have been with PayPal many years, and never had anything like this happen. If it is not there by Tuesday, I will probably close my Paypal account as I can not have them playing around with "my" money, and I am starting to hear about more and more problems they are having.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.