No record of refund given by Home Depot today...

cjenniferc7
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.  I returned an item to Home Depot today that I had purchased online and paid for via PayPal.  Thus, they refunded the amount to PayPal and gave me the receipt. 

Usually things show up right away but there is no record at all in my PayPal account of this refund.  I am wondering if there is a problem with this refund, or if it's just slower in the case of large retailers, etc.

Nervous in Berkeley,

Jennifer

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Depends on what funding source you used.

If you paid with either your Account Balance or your Bank Account, the refund is credited back to your PayPal Account Balance, time can be from 1 to 4 days.   If you used a credit card, the refund is credited back to that card, time can take up to 30 days.

Login to Me Too

veloxsol
New Community Member

Did you ever get this resolved and receive your refund?  I am in the same boat right now.  It's been over two weeks but due to the holidays only 8 business days have gone by.  Trying to wait it out but it would be nice to know if waiting is the right move.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

atariguy
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the same problem. No pending transaction showing in my Paypal account, nor in my Discover account (which is what actually funded the transaction).

How many days did it take for it to happen, assuming it finally did? If it really takes up to 30 days to go back to a credit card (as one answer above states), that's just ridiculous. In the meantime I either have to make a payment on it or pay interest. 😞

Login to Me Too

atariguy
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like it took about 27 hours before it showed up on my Paypal account. It hasn't yet gone through to Discover, but I don't expect that to take long.

Login to Me Too

dtitzer
New Community Member

I'm in the same boat. I did a return for refund, then turned around and made a purchase on paypal the same visit. I was hoping to use up the credit balance. Home Depot sure jumped on sending the purchase transaction through immediately, but is apparently sitting on the refund. In my book, that's playing dirty with my money, floating their business on my refund money!

Login to Me Too

lrf0905
New Community Member

I made a purchase at Home Depot and returned for credit on my PayPal, it only took (2) days. Very Happy!!!

Login to Me Too

LisD
New Community Member

I am in the same boat, after almost 3 weeks I am still waiting on my Home Depot refund... the crazy part is that i made two returns the same day, one has been credited and the other one still missing 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.