No more 12 or 18 month financing?

DataMiner
Contributor
Contributor

Back when Bill Me Later was Bill Me Later, and at least initially under PayPal management, you folks had the capability of 12/18 month deferred interest financing on amounts over $499/$999.

Is that still valid?  Is it vendor specific?  Does it still apply to eBay?  Does it apply to Amazon?

(You should seriously revise your on-site documentation as Google still picks up the old info, and before I spend a few $K on eBay I'd like confirmation of the above.)

Thank you for your time, and hopefully I actually hear from someone at PayPal.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi DataMiner,

Great questions!

Any promotional financing offered through PayPal Credit with vary by merchant and not all purchases made using PayPal Credit will qualify for these promotional credits. You can check the merchant's website to see their current offers for PayPal Credit purchases and you can also view current offers in the PayPal checkout flow. The most common types of promotional offers are the following: No Payments + No Interest if Paid in Full by, No Interest if Paid in Full by and Easy Payments.

Regarding those articles, I will forward your feedback on for consideration!

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Exia
Contributor
Contributor

Does this 18month financing thru Norditrack apply to only new paypal credit accounts or also for established ones?

https://www.nordictrack.com/fitness/en/NordicTrack/Specials/e-119-14

Login to Me Too

thespasmonaut
New Community Member

I'll second your disappointment/frustration.  I frequently made purchases of about $500-$600 and would take advantage of the longer deferred interest programs.  It would seem that since PayPal and eBay split up, 6 months is all you find anymore.  Definitely not what I had hoped for.  For the holidays, you'd think PayPal would be firing off promotions left and right to sign up new customers.  Everyone's eager to shop right now to buy gifts but this puts a real damper on holiday spending.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.