No history showing up

lewatson2
New Community Member

Hello,

I used Paypal to purchase an item through eBay, and later returned the item and received a refund. My bank account shows the transaction for the payment, but Paypal shows neither the payment nor the refund. I received an email from Paypal that the refund had been returned to my account, and the seller has given me the transaction ID number, so I feel pretty confident that the refund has been made, but it isn't showing up on Paypal or in my bank account. Normally I would just wait a bit, because the refund occured on Friday, so I thought it may take a few business days to show up. I'm just concerned because there is no history of the payment either.

Any help would be so appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There can be various reasons:

How to you pay originally?  If you paid with your PayPal Account Balance or Bank Account, the refund will be credited back to you PayPal Account Balance.  If you paid with a credit card, the refund will be credited back to that card which can take up 2 weeks.

As for the sender of the refund, if they funded the refund from their account balance, it can take up to a day.  If they funded the refund from their bank account, it can take up to 4 days.

Other factors, both the sender's and the receiver's PayPal Accounts should be verified, else PayPal can place a hold on one the other's accounts until the transaction is reviewed.  This can cause delays up to 21 days.

Basically there's no definitive answer as each scenario is different.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.