Need to add credit card?

abbuh
New Community Member

When I try to make a prayment to a website using my paypal balance it says I need to add a credit card to make my payment instant. I already have my bank account linked and I have more than enough in my paypal balance. I don't own a credit card. Is there any way I can still pay? I don't see why I'd be required to add a credit card..

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi abduh,

Welcome to the Community!

With your bank account, you can make a payment by eCheck. This means that while notification of the payment is sent to the seller immediately, they will not actually receive the payment until the funds have cleared from your bank. It takes approximately 3-5 business days for money to clear for US accounts.

If you add and confirm a credit card as a backup funding source, the option for Instant Transfer is enabled. With Instant Transfer, PayPal pays your seller up front for you while the funds clear in the background. The seller receives the payment instantly, allowing them to fill and ship your order much more quickly. Sellers prefer immediate payment, and some sellers will not even accept eCheck payments at all.

You can learn more about using your bank with PayPal in the Bank FAQ.

I hope this helps clarify! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.