Need help with limited account

davidl12
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been limited for 13 days now and I need to confirm my bank account to put it back to normal. But I can't because the 1p deposit they send with the code to confirm the bank account doesn't show on my bank statement (TSB). I tried phoning them but they couldn't find it either. I've also sent 2 emails to paypal without a reply on either so now im not sure what to do, any help would be great.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

DenimDan12
Contributor
Contributor
I would try removing the bank account from your profile and adding it again. Go through the verification be process once again. If this doesn't workthen I'd contact the PayPal support team.
Login to Me Too

davidl12
Contributor
Contributor

I re-added the bank account and I got the same process of needing to add a 4 digit code from my bank, which isn't showing up. How should I contact payal exactly? The last two emails I sent didn't get a reply. Do they have some sort of live chat I could use or something? Let me know, thanks.

Login to Me Too

DenimDan12
Contributor
Contributor
You can reach customer support by going to this PayPal https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call Log into your account and a phone number will be displayed with a passcode.
Login to Me Too

davidl12
Contributor
Contributor

I phoned paypal but I couldn't get anywhere with their automated call service and it wasn't really clear on how I could talk to an actual person so that didn't really help. Anything else I could try?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@davidl12

For US PayPal accounts, PayPal sends 2 small deposits as part of the verification procedure for bank accounts.  It's my understanding that the same procedure is used for UK PayPal accounts. Here are the instructions from the PayPal UK website...

After Registration, It’s Easy to Confirm Your Bank Account.

PayPal will make two small deposits into your bank account.
Check your bank statement or call your bank in working days to find out the exact amounts of these two deposits.
Log in to your PayPal account, click the Set up Direct Debit link, and enter these amounts.

This process confirms that you are the owner of this bank account because only you have access to the deposit amounts sent by PayPal. This important security measure increases the safety of our payments network.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/FinancialInstrument/account/ConfirmBank-outside

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

davidl12
Contributor
Contributor

I tried this before when I called my bank but they told me they have no record of any deposits being made into my account, so how can I get the deposit codes if the deposits aren't being picked up by my bank? I don't have any way of confirming my bank account and since paypal won't respond to me I don't really know how i'm going to solve it.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

For US bank accounts, it takes several days for the deposits to be completed.  How long has it been since PayPal notified you about making the 2 small deposits?

What is a TSB bank account?

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

davidl12
Contributor
Contributor

Its my bank in Scotland, not sure if its UK or just Scotland but yeah, and the description of the deposit is that its 0.01p and only one of them. My account has been limited for 13 days and I called my bank like 2-3 days ago and they had no showings of any deposits been made even though I have been on the code confirmation page multiple times where it says that it has send the deposit.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It sounds like maybe there's a mistake in the bank account number and that's why the deposit is not being completed.  I think you will need to try PayPal phone support again.  Use the "Contact" link which is at the bottom of most PayPal pages to get a passcode and the phone number for your account.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.