My withdrawal went to the wrong bank account(?)

Onni
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

I withdrew some money from my PayPal to my bank account a few days ago but I think I typed in a wrong number. There's a "completed" legend next to the transaction but I don't see any money in my bank account. I don't know if the number was a valid account number in the first place but it does say completed. Did the money actually go to some other person's account or does Paypal just mark the transaction as completed even if the money was sent to an invalid account number? Should I open a dispute against myself or just wait? Any help is appreciated!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

"Completed" on your end means that you authorized the withdraw process.  It does not mean that the funds are actually in the bank account.  That can take up to 4 days, our withdraws average 2, once in a while 3 days.

If the wrong account number was used, the funds will be returned to you however, it may take a week plus.  Based on 4 days that would mean up to 4 days out and possibly up to 4 days to be returned.

Login to Me Too

Onni
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the quick reply! I will wait for 6-8 days more and then report back. Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.