My debit MASTERCARD is getting declined.

benjocamp
New Community Member

My debit mastercard has been declined for gas, retail, and online purchases.  The funds are available, and I have selected the backup which also has funds available.  I tried using as a credit card online, entering card number, exp and code, etc..and it was declined.  When I tried to pay by paypal and add the card number when it prompts me to ask which funding source I want to use, and it said that they are unabe to add this card number?  

This card has also worked fine for online purchases, and retail purchases, so I know it is properly linked.  The purchase receipts are emailed to me.  It has worked probably 20 times, and been declined about 6 times.    doesnt seem to be any pattern to it.  

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AdamD

Hi benjocamp -

Thanks for reaching out to us here. I am sorry to hear about the declines that you may be running into with your PayPal Debit Mastercard. Please contact us at 1-866-6080 and we can look into what might be causing this.

- Adam

Login to Me Too

ladywithfinesse
Contributor
Contributor

My Paypal MC got declined today.  While shopping at the grocery store, I got a call from a customer and took a payment from him over the phone using paypal here, punching the numbers in rather than swiping the card.  Later, I checked out and tried to use my paypal debit mastercard and it got declined.  I tried to used it as a credit card and also with my pin.  Both ways declined.  Not only did I have money in the account, but I also have a backup funding on there with my other bank.  Why did it decline?!  This is so inconvenient!  I called paypal customer service and they told me because i had a payment go in without swiping the card, and then i turned around and tried to use the card, it triggered a risk profile and declined.  To me it doesn't make sense.  If they want to do a hold on the funds, that's fine... but I have backup funding so it should go thru!  If i had a zero balance, the purchase would have easily gone thru.  Paypal needs to review and fix the way they handle the risk profiles. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.