Money sent, but not received

kpadron107
New Community Member

A family member sent me a large amount of money through Paypal about 10 days ago. This money was from my husband's taxes and since we had moved, he had them sent there. I still have not received an email saying that the money was even sent. I have not receive the money on my Paypal balance. Our family member said that it did say on hold until April 30th, but since then it says completed. I think he's starting to not believe us that we did not receive it, because he hasn't answered since yesterday. We chose to use Paypal, because we thought it was safer and faster than anything else. What could be wrong? Does it usually take a while with a large amount of money?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi kpadron107

Im wondering if they have sent it to an email address similar to your own

Ask them to double check on their account that they have sent it to your ppal address and not someone elses

It only takes 1 wrong digit for it to go elsewhere

If its completed then the recipient of the email address has received it

If it has gone to a wrong address then they need to contact the recipient and ask them to refund it back

If it was sent as a gift and they dont send it back then its gone

If it was sent as goods then there might be a solution

Login to Me Too

grchouinard
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar experience.  Recipient indictes that the email  I sent to is correct.   Is there a way to track it all the way through?

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi grchouinard

Is the payment completed in your account?

Is this a payment for "goods" or "gift/service" payment?

When did you make the payment?

Login to Me Too

grchouinard
Contributor
Contributor

Money sent 3 days ago, and I am not sure if it was sent for goods or as a gift.  My intent was as a gift.  Is there a way to cancel if it went for goods?

Login to Me Too

grchouinard
Contributor
Contributor

yes it shows as completed

Login to Me Too

grchouinard
Contributor
Contributor

okay, it looks like it was a transfer from credit card to my paypal account, i assume it went as goods and services. But there is no balance showing in my paypal account to indicate it is there and did not go out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.