Lost Payment

VooVoo
Contributor
Contributor

New guy here and I'm sorry to bother you all but a payment made to our Search and Rescue unit isn't showing up on our end.  The person who made the payment has a transaction ID but I can't find it anywhere.

Is there some place I can go to search for it?  He is going to send me a copy of it but I do have the ID, 58P3996730833320Y.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Olivia

Hi VooVoo, and welcome to the forum!

I can help you with this. 🙂

The buyer's transaction ID will not match your transaction ID for the same payment. That would probably be why you're having a hard time locating the transaction! 🙂

If your payment volume is relatively low, setting your search dates back to before the estimated date of payment should do the trick. You'll be able to see each transaction that occurred since that time, and find the received payment. If the number of payments received is high, that method might be too time-consuming. In that case, I'd recommend asking the buyer the date and time of the payment, and narrowing your search dates to that day.

If the payment does not show up in your history, it may be that the sender mistyped your email address. You may find it helpful to ask the buyer to read you the email address from their transaction history, to ensure a minor spelling discrepancy isn't overlooked.

I hope this helps. Please come back and let us know how it worked out! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

VooVoo
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  The account has very little activity right now and his payment amount didn't show up.  He sent me a copy of the transaction and it was the correct account.  On his end it now says unclaimed.  The money was removed from his account though.

I asked him to try and cancel the transaction and redo it but no word as of yet.

Thanks again

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi VooVoo,

Thanks for replying with that update!

If he's showing the payment marked as unclaimed, it sounds very much like a typoed email address. If there are Ls or Is or 1s, scrutinize them very closely. If it's a domain with a suffix other than .com, take a close look at what they typed. It's a very common mistake to accidentally type .com instead of .net or .org, for instance.

Please keep us updated. I'd like to hear what the issue ended up being.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

VooVoo
Contributor
Contributor

The payment was made through a link on our website.  It's already preconfigured to our account.  The payment receipt is also showing our email address as the account.

Thanks again

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi VooVoo,

Here's another thought - is the email address to which the payment's being sent one that has been newly added to the account? If the address has not yet been confirmed, payments sent to it will not display in the history. Once confirmed, the payments will appear.

I apologize for not having this solution earlier. Smiley Embarassed I hope you've found resolution in the interim. Please let us know!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

jhopewell
New Community Member

I hav an almost identical problem.  Ebay sale with paypal payment. buyer states money is unclaimed on his side.

from my side there is nothing.  I have very few transactions. my ebay and paypal account havenet changed in years, nor has the email address phone numbers etc.

Login to Me Too

VooVoo
Contributor
Contributor

Well we finally got it figured out.  I had him cancel the payment on his side.  For some reason it didn't link to the PayPal email account.  After he cancelled it he resent it and it worked fine.  It did take a few days for the funds to show up back in his account though.

Thanks Olivia for the help too!!!!!!

Mitch

Pierce County Search and Rescue 4x4's

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi VooVoo.

Welcome back!

Thank you for coming back to give us an update on the situation. I'm glad you were able to get that ironed out. 🙂

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi jhopewell, and welcome to the Community!

The most common reason for this is when you use an old auction as a template for a new one. The email address from the old auction carries over to the new one, and then a payment sent for that auction goes to the wrong place.

There's a great post that sandypurins made about correcting the email address in your individual eBay auctions. If you find the instructions in that post helpful, please feel free to click the thumbs-up icon at the bottom of Sandy's post.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.