Known Issue: Payments not appearing on sender or receiver's account

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Update:  Engineers are reporting the issue with transaction delays was fixed late last night (around 2am ET).  Typically a transaction may take a few minutes to appear in the account activity and we are back to that normal behavior.  Thanks for your patience during this issue.

Hi everyone,

Our engineers are aware of an issue right now where payments are not immediately appearing in the account activity for both senders and recipients.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and our engineers are working to fix this as soon as possible.

This issue appears to be causing a delay in when the payments appear.  The transaction is initiated, it's just not appearing on the website for up to 4-5 hours in some cases (the time appears to be random).

I will update this post when we have more information and to let everyone know when the fix has been implemented.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
285 REPLIES 285

rubentrf
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, we've been having problems all day long not receiving IPNs (or receiving them after a LONG period of time, when they used to be almost immediate), testing with an Italian and Spanish account, same result.

Login to Me Too

bossman759
Contributor
Contributor

I have sent money to someone. The problem is the transaction is not showing up on either end. The money has been taken out of my balance as it is lower than it was before but they have not received anything. Any ideas or solution to fix this???

Login to Me Too

Bleszt
New Community Member

im going thru the same thing NOW. i need an answer. i was charged for the transaction, but NO activity, no nothing, and the person

Login to Me Too

bossman759
Contributor
Contributor

@Bleszt wrote:

im going thru the same thing NOW. i need an answer. i was charged for the transaction, but NO activity, no nothing, and the person

yea this is pretty ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

TanzaniaRocks
Contributor
Contributor

absolutely ridiculous. i'm sure there will be a solution eventually but this is quite a headache.

Login to Me Too

bossman759
Contributor
Contributor

@TanzaniaRocks wrote:

absolutely ridiculous. i'm sure there will be a solution eventually but this is quite a headache.

after 3 hours my transaction finally showed up. so I would say wait and contact paypal if nothing happens.

Login to Me Too

Misavesel
Contributor
Contributor

I think I have the same problem. When I hit "Continue", I cant see that I sent the money in "Activity" tab. 

Login to Me Too

mandee91
Having similar problems. No notification of payment on either side and its not showing that the money was taken off of my card. Please fix this soon.
Login to Me Too

hwc2014
Contributor
Contributor

Guess i'am not the only one, payment was made but nothing showing up in my balance.

Login to Me Too

TanzaniaRocks
Contributor
Contributor

mine showed up. everything's good now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.