Known Issue: Payments not appearing on sender or receiver's account

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Update:  Engineers are reporting the issue with transaction delays was fixed late last night (around 2am ET).  Typically a transaction may take a few minutes to appear in the account activity and we are back to that normal behavior.  Thanks for your patience during this issue.

Hi everyone,

Our engineers are aware of an issue right now where payments are not immediately appearing in the account activity for both senders and recipients.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and our engineers are working to fix this as soon as possible.

This issue appears to be causing a delay in when the payments appear.  The transaction is initiated, it's just not appearing on the website for up to 4-5 hours in some cases (the time appears to be random).

I will update this post when we have more information and to let everyone know when the fix has been implemented.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
285 REPLIES 285

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@suryadeep

@ArcherV

Apparently its a technical glitch that paypal are "working on".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ArcherV
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thank you very much, really kind!

Login to Me Too

Andela
New Community Member

I payed 9$ for a game i didnt got the game and they said that they didnt received it and in my activity there isnt what i send there isnt anything its empty and i have a screenshot sending it and it said you sent the money to... send more money and thats it so i bassically got scammed tell me if u want a snapshot

Login to Me Too

TanzaniaRocks
Contributor
Contributor

Someone sent me $10 via Family and Friends payment today. The money is gone from their PayPal balance, but it isn't under their "Completed" tab (or mine) and I haven't received any money.

We have confirmed that it was sent to the correct email, and it has been about 2 hours.

Thanks! Any help is appreciated.

Login to Me Too

bossman759
Contributor
Contributor

same here.

Login to Me Too

TanzaniaRocks
Contributor
Contributor

hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Login to Me Too

bossman759
Contributor
Contributor

@TanzaniaRocks wrote:

hopefully it will be fixed soon.

after 3 hours my finally went through.

Login to Me Too

TheOne1

I sent 2 payments today (Oct 5th) & while the $ was taken out of my PP account its not recorded in my activity log. After 1 hr i sent aother very small payment to pay my ebay fees & that one showed up in my activityno issues. The other 2 payments have no but the $ is gone from my account. Ive read others having this issue today as well, i hope it gets fixed cause i refuse to be out the $  items i purchased. Im waiting for PP customer service to open so i can call them.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheOne1

Yes lots seem to be posting with this issue, another ? paypal glitch??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Goo5e
New Community Member
Have just spoken to Paypal, they are having technical issues
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.