Known Issue: Payments not appearing on sender or receiver's account

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Update:  Engineers are reporting the issue with transaction delays was fixed late last night (around 2am ET).  Typically a transaction may take a few minutes to appear in the account activity and we are back to that normal behavior.  Thanks for your patience during this issue.

Hi everyone,

Our engineers are aware of an issue right now where payments are not immediately appearing in the account activity for both senders and recipients.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and our engineers are working to fix this as soon as possible.

This issue appears to be causing a delay in when the payments appear.  The transaction is initiated, it's just not appearing on the website for up to 4-5 hours in some cases (the time appears to be random).

I will update this post when we have more information and to let everyone know when the fix has been implemented.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
285 REPLIES 285

ArcherV
Contributor
Contributor

I'm really sorry for the person that bought my item, it's not her fault,

but I'm not going to deliver it until the money are on my account.

Login to Me Too

surveys4
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly, I thought maybe they sent to the wrong email address and sent them a message but they said, they just clicked on payment ebay has the email address to pay, 

But your right, I feel bad but I'm not sending this without getting paid, it's not a cheap item!

Login to Me Too

surveys4
Contributor
Contributor

Check your activity now, my payment just showed up finally!! 

Login to Me Too

ArcherV
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, I received the confirmation email.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

hwc2014
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened yesterday, there seems to be a long delay in money showing up in your account.  On Ebay shows paid, but money doesn't show up in your pay pal account until 3 hours later.  And i mean 3hrs on the dot LOL.

Login to Me Too

cjbreezey

So i sent money as a gift to someone, the money was removed from my paypal balance and the user says he has not recieved the money. It hasn't showed up on my paypal summary either. Its usually instant with 10 minutes tops wait time until people recieve the money, but it has been over 2 hours and am wondering what is going on. Any help is appreciated 🙂 thank you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cjbreezey

Yes lots seem to be posting with this issue, another ? paypal glitch??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Al_Borealis
New Community Member

Exact same thing happened to me. I've talked with them and thet told me their transactions systems are down and won't be fixed until wednesday, and that they can NOT guarantee that even when this is fixed the transactions will pop up or that the balance will be correct. This is a scandale!

Login to Me Too

suryadeep
Contributor
Contributor

i made a paypal transaction but it was not displayed in my account and the seller sadi he didnt get any amount but the money was deducted from my paypal and its not showing in my account and i didnt receive any emails so far 

what does it mean please help me 

Login to Me Too

ArcherV
Contributor
Contributor

apparently is a problem today for lots of people.

I sold an item, marked as sold, but I haven't received the funds and no email from paypal about that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.