Known Issue: Payments not appearing on sender or receiver's account

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Update:  Engineers are reporting the issue with transaction delays was fixed late last night (around 2am ET).  Typically a transaction may take a few minutes to appear in the account activity and we are back to that normal behavior.  Thanks for your patience during this issue.

Hi everyone,

Our engineers are aware of an issue right now where payments are not immediately appearing in the account activity for both senders and recipients.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and our engineers are working to fix this as soon as possible.

This issue appears to be causing a delay in when the payments appear.  The transaction is initiated, it's just not appearing on the website for up to 4-5 hours in some cases (the time appears to be random).

I will update this post when we have more information and to let everyone know when the fix has been implemented.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
285 REPLIES 285

compositeroof
New Community Member

Same problem here in the UK NOT sure if i should dispatch items or not Paypal support required

Login to Me Too

Roselynm2005
New Community Member

I don't know where my payments for my sales are going! I thought they were going into my ebay account. But my balance is always zero. I sold a $50.00 item yesterday and I cannot find the payment recieved any where . Pleas help!!! Roselynm2005

Login to Me Too

ArcherV
Contributor
Contributor

Same  here!

I just sold an item but no money showed on my activity log and wallet!

Strange because I sold an item 10 mins before and it was all ok!

Login to Me Too

HHandmade
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here!

Login to Me Too

baileen28

i am having the same issue sent a payment.. did not receive an email confirmation that I sent a payment it is alos not showing in the sent payment transaction list  but money is longer in my paypal account zero balance.. i hope they can inform of us of what is really going one.. im so worried it is just a small amount but I need it for my kids... Paypal please help...

Login to Me Too

EdAtUMPS

I'm having this problem today (10/5) as well. 2 hours, no emails, no activity log entry, but money out of my PayPal and the attached account for funding. No payments showing sent or received by either party.

Login to Me Too

surveys4
Contributor
Contributor

Jumping on the bandwagon here, same issue, ebay says paid, no funds or activity from paypal. Only auto response from my email to them. Really they need to fix this quickly!

Login to Me Too

Samekas

I'm facing the same problem too, I have bought something, PayPal charged my credit card but no activity log.

Login to Me Too

gonzo23g

I'm having the same problem. i sent money to my brother's paypal account and he hasn't received the funds yet. I go to check my activity log and the transaction doesn't appear but my money has been takien away

Login to Me Too

basil3legs
New Community Member

I have the same issue and rang Paypal (as eBay said it was their end).  Apparently there is a delay/glitch in the system and they are advising to delay postage until the payment appears as they have no way of telling whether the payment has been refused or has come through fine.  They are saying to check every hour or so as some payments are taking 4-5 hours to appear.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.