Known Issue: Payments not appearing on sender or receiver's account

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Update:  Engineers are reporting the issue with transaction delays was fixed late last night (around 2am ET).  Typically a transaction may take a few minutes to appear in the account activity and we are back to that normal behavior.  Thanks for your patience during this issue.

Hi everyone,

Our engineers are aware of an issue right now where payments are not immediately appearing in the account activity for both senders and recipients.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and our engineers are working to fix this as soon as possible.

This issue appears to be causing a delay in when the payments appear.  The transaction is initiated, it's just not appearing on the website for up to 4-5 hours in some cases (the time appears to be random).

I will update this post when we have more information and to let everyone know when the fix has been implemented.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
285 REPLIES 285

Davor33
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, my sender got the message that money has been succesfuly transfered, but i am still waiting.

Login to Me Too

RWolfe
Same here. Sent money. Completed but funds aren't in my fiance acct.
Login to Me Too

Davor33
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any explanation from whom it may concern? Or they just watching our complains?

Login to Me Too

Davor33
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any explanation from whom it may concern? Or they just watching our complains?

Login to Me Too

JimRobison
New Community Member

This appears to be a problem again.

A client was sending me a payment this morning, I did not get it until a few hours later.

I then transferred money (using the Send Money to Friends option) to another account I control, and the transaction has still not shown up on either account a couple hours later.  The amount was deducted from the account I'm transferring from, but no transaction shows up. and the account transferred to has not received it.

Login to Me Too

karriesmatic
Contributor
Contributor

How long did it take for the transaction/payment to show up? I am having the same issue here. This is ultimately frustrating to have no record of your money transfer. Should I have known, I would have taken a screenshot. 😞

Login to Me Too

temp201811152b
New Community Member

This has NOT been corrected. It is called FRAUD when payment does not show up as expected. I suggest that this be fixed sooner rather than later. Perhaps your engineers income and life circumstances do not depend on the money recieved into their paypal accounts but it is that way here! I am disgusted with your lies!

Login to Me Too

Primate
Contributor
Contributor

Waited 15 minutes on hold before a Paypal rep answered.  Didn't return with a solution after asking me to hold twice.  Advised me to reissue payment after the original attempt and 2nd test attempt for 1 cent, only to offer little assistance when again the payment didn't show on my account.  To add insult to injury, the line mysteriously disconnected.  Not so encouraging.  

Login to Me Too

alan4lyf
Contributor
Contributor

same issue im experiencing now, my friend sent me few hours ago and i still dont receive it. no notification, no email, nadda. he confirmed that it was completed and no mistake of wwhatsoever on his end especially in sending to my paypal email address.

i contacted support with full details including the transaction ID and it gave me nothing but automated reply.

hope this issue will be resolved ASAP.

Login to Me Too

biologix
Contributor
Contributor

We are experiencing same here too. PayPal needs to fix this issue ASAP.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.