Known Issue: Payments not appearing on sender or receiver's account

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Update:  Engineers are reporting the issue with transaction delays was fixed late last night (around 2am ET).  Typically a transaction may take a few minutes to appear in the account activity and we are back to that normal behavior.  Thanks for your patience during this issue.

Hi everyone,

Our engineers are aware of an issue right now where payments are not immediately appearing in the account activity for both senders and recipients.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and our engineers are working to fix this as soon as possible.

This issue appears to be causing a delay in when the payments appear.  The transaction is initiated, it's just not appearing on the website for up to 4-5 hours in some cases (the time appears to be random).

I will update this post when we have more information and to let everyone know when the fix has been implemented.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
285 REPLIES 285

o4Joy
Contributor
Contributor

What type of PayPal service are the rest of you using? Mine is PayPal Payments Pro (through our stand alone website). We also have PayPal Express Checkout and I'm not sure yet if the missing payment was a credit card or PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

theWestFamily
Contributor
Contributor

It is not fixed. Someone sent a patment to me yesterday. I saw them do it. I took a PHOTO of the "you ahve sent money!!!" The email address is correct... and it was a secure PP site. PLus I know the person and it is not a "scam." If this is not a secure place I would rather use Western Union and LOSE money than to have nothing. I called today and the operators told me nothing about this problem.....and actually tried to tell me "if you don't see it, them they didn't send it.' 100% sure my dad or mom isn't scamming me, so those excuses are just BS. It isn't fixed. I am hungry.

Login to Me Too

sunnyhoney
Contributor
Contributor

I've sent payment (friends and family) it appears as successfuly sent from my end but recevier has not got it, PayPal says they have got it, I trust the receiver, and their address is correct so where has my money gone? Is it still floating around in space somewhere? Has anybody successfully resolved this problem ? and looking on this forum it appears worryingly common.

Login to Me Too

sxtiv
New Community Member

Did you fix the problem? I have the same issue 😞

Login to Me Too

Hajer
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously , is this what paypal is like ? Im new to the community and I sent some money from my bank to my account , almost a week and still nothing.
Waw , this is really professional.

Login to Me Too

Mypeps
New Community Member

Evidently - from what I read - this is happening again.  A member submitted an offer, which I accepted - however Paypal says it is still processing (?) the payment.  This has been going on for several days now.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

This seems to my issue today even though this post is from October. What do I need to do to fix this? I am trying to pay a bill and it seemed to process, showed me the remaining balance in my "wallet", thought I also received an email saying it processed, but I can not find anything saying I even made this transaction & my balance has not changed. Not sure what else to do? Already emailed the help desk. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Matisse1026
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here...I sold two items on eBay, and an hourglass appeared under the '$' icon (Paid or Not).  When I place my cursor over the hourglass, the following message displays: 'Payment was initiated on December 2 and is being processed thru PayPal'.  That was 2 DAYS ago!  How am I supposed to ship my item when I have NO IDEA whether or not the buyer has paid for the product?  It seems that many other sellers are having asimilar problem.  The Christmas season is the last time of year you need this problem to pop up...HELP!  (I have been on eBay 15 years, and have NEVER had a problem with PayPal before.)

Login to Me Too

launa
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if this could apply to what happened to me last week.

Apparently I made a payment through PayPal, which shows on my bank statements but will not come up in my PayPal account. PayPal told that, since said payment was unauthorized, I should dispute it or talk to the seller,  but I don't even have that option because IT WILL NOT SHOW IN MY ACTIVITY.
So I lost around 200 USD, tried to contact them through their message center just to get random answers. I even tried contacting them on FB but I'm still waiting on a reply. 
I have been using PayPal for years, and nothing like this ever happened to me before. I wonder if I'll getmy money back or if it's just gone.

Login to Me Too

Matisse1026
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason, it is very difficult to get a response from PayPal unless you CALL them.  Try getting someone to TALK to, and you MIGHT get your problem resolved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.