Item not received in post, will Paypal refund me

bbillcee
Contributor
Contributor

I never received my order in the mail, tracking says it was shipped and there has been no activity on the item in over 2 weeks, I open a dispute...will paypal get me back my money?  the seller is being a real jerk about it

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If it's a postal issue, the the seller is no being a jerk as the seller does not run the postal service, nor does the seller manage postal deliveries.

Dertails needed:

Where did the item originate?

Where is the intended destination?

What does tracking show?

Did you contact the delivery serivce to ask about the problem?

If you don't receive your item and tracking does not confirm delivery, then you should open a displute.

Seller is responsble for delivery to the destination address.

Login to Me Too

bbillcee
Contributor
Contributor
It originated in Germany going to New York , says it left customs on July 3, nothing since.contacted DHL and USPS and they said seller in originating country need to open investigation with DHL .... That's what I told the seller and he basically dragging his feet and not replying emails now
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Was it supposed to be DHL with transfer to USPS for final delivery?

Was it DHL from Germany to your U. S. destination?

What locations were scanned?

Login to Me Too

bbillcee
Contributor
Contributor

was being giving to USPS for final delivery 

Wed, 29.06.16 19:00 Speyer, Germany The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
Thu, 30.06.16 01:12 Saulheim, Germany The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center
Thu, 30.06.16 08:00 IPZ-Ffm, Germany The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking: )
Sat, 02.07.16 16:14 United States The shipment has arrived in the destination country
Sun, 03.07.16 21:26 United States Shipment is prepared for customs clearance in country of destination
Sun, 03.07.16 21:27 United States The shipment has left the import parcel center in the destination country.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Were these scans from DHL website?

Did you find a tracking number for USPS so you could follow on USPS.com?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if the seller cannot come up with tracking which said delivered by a certain date,you will get your money back.

Login to Me Too

rhienz03
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

You can call customer service so that they can file a claim. It will be faster as opposed to filing a dispute.

For filing a dispute, you will need to wait 7 days before you can escalate it to a claim. Customer service can just file it into a claim right away.

Once the case is in claim status, the seller will only be given 10 days to respond. If they will not respond, you will receive your refund on the 11th day. If they do respond with the tracking number, PayPal will review the tracking. Since it is an international tracking, there has to be no movement on the tracking for 20/21 days (I don't remember well), then you will win the case and get your refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.