Item list

kidoftheneon
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

is it possible to create a list of products at merchant account and limit paying through account to these products?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately there's no built in features or options to do that.   With Payments Standard, all can do is generate the item button code with the price/amounts that you fill in.  There no item listing function.

What you have in mind would require a backend database and some custom scripting on your server.  All the logic is done on your end first and the end results are uploaded via the "upload" method to PayPal for Checkout.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, you can use the online button creator to generate your item buttons, note this is not just an item list, it's code that you place on a web page.  If you want to limit customers to only paying with a PayPal Account, then you would need to use PayPal's Express Checkout feature.  https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/express-checkout/gs_expresscheckout/

Login to Me Too

kidoftheneon
Contributor
Contributor

snowshoe,

we already have an Express Checkout feature on our site. I want to pass item id, not it's price, in shipping info, so PayPal would select price from predefined item list

Login to Me Too
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately there's no built in features or options to do that.   With Payments Standard, all can do is generate the item button code with the price/amounts that you fill in.  There no item listing function.

What you have in mind would require a backend database and some custom scripting on your server.  All the logic is done on your end first and the end results are uploaded via the "upload" method to PayPal for Checkout.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.