Is it possible to covert another country money to your country money..?

1314-67-1315
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so what I mean is...

If I'm from Australia...

& I want to request money from someone but they are from Philippines.

Is it possible to convert Pesos (The Philippines money) into Australian Dollars?

If so how...?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1314-67-1315

Why don't they just pay you in your own currency?

Tell them to go to send money > select the option thats appropriate either goods / services if its a sale or friends / family if it is not > then imput your email address  > select your currency from the drop down list and before they click submit it will tell them how much will be deducted from their funding source in their own currency.

Or you can just invoice them in your own currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

1314-67-1315
Contributor
Contributor

But what if they don't have paypal?

@kernowlass

Login to Me Too

Gwynvt
Contributor
Contributor

I think they would either need to set up a PayPal account or use the one time trial PayPal offers that let's people send money using their email without setting up an account, just know that they can only do that once with any given email and will have to finish setting up an account after that to use it with PayPal again. As far as the currency, the way I understand it they can pay you in their currency and if you include it as a currency you accept in PayPal it will sit in your account as "Paesos" and you can eith use it that way or convert it to the currency of your choice. Just be aware of any value diffrences and make sure you aren't eating that. I think this is why the suggestion you have them convert it when sending, they can elect to absorb any diffrence or fees just like they can elect to absorb any cc or merchant fees too. Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.