Inquiry by paypal - temporary hold placed [paypal support help needed]

Lukáš
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there,

I m paypal user and i have got quite annoying problem. I ve sold virtual goods on 31st of August to one person from US (i m from middle Europe). "We are both verified (i have added my credit cards/bank account/phone number... just everything i can). Well i sold him this "stuff". I have given him the items even before he sent me the money - he even made statement about this in note. Unfortunately on 8th of September i ve recieved message from Paypal that this transaction might be "not authorized", i immediately contacted the buyer. He told me his paypal account is limited and he didnt recieve any "official" reason why is that. Well, i went to resolution center and i have provided all necessary information - screenshots, notes as i have given all items to him even before the payment. I even asked buyer to give me official reply with email that he used on paypal to pay me that he really recieved the goods and he is satisfied with it = he did this and i also provided those to resolution center. Well it is 14th of September already and paypal didnt reply on my email yet. I m in contact with buyer and he has also given 2-3 calls to paypal support, but they told him it is being reviewed and there is nothing he can do. When i have called support, there was no reply for 2 days (nobody took the call) and when i was finally connected, they gave me like zero information on what to do..... Just told me there is no protection for virtual goods (i replied that i know this already and this is how to call ended). But the thing was bothers me is that my money are being held for actually no reason in my eyes? It is on hold, because "unauthorized payment", but buyer called them that it was authorized and gave me also an official email reply. So what can i do now? Please help me. Thank you for any advice.

PS: What is the "maximum time" they can hold this transaction from me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor
7 REPLIES 7

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately no one here can assist with issues like this, it's all done thru PayPal and their review people.  PayPal uses a lot of automated security checks and sometimes a totally legitimate transaction gets flagged.  It may be because the two countries, the amount and/or type of transaction or frequency of the the transactions.  Even an IP Address or location can trigger an event.   There's really not much you can do until the transaction is reviewed.  How long that process takes, can't say as each case is different.  Some are quick, others not. 

As for how long the accounts can be limited, below is a partial statement from the User Agreement:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full

We may close, suspend, or limit your access to your Account or the PayPal Services, and/or limit access to your Balance for up to 180 Days

Hopefully, you don't have to endure that.

Login to Me Too

Lukáš
Contributor
Contributor

Well so they ll limit the buyer account for 180 days. I know this might sound wierd, but i dont mind at all. I just want my money to be released to me. Basically this review by paypal might take 180 days also ?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

180 is the maximum.  Hopefully, that won't happen.

Login to Me Too

Lukáš
Contributor
Contributor

Yea i hope so... anyway  i have today called European Ombudsman and by any law there cant be hold on my money over 30 days (unless there is something ilegall = we dont have such informations) he said no bank/ firm/ instituion can do this and if this isnt solved before 30 days passed i should call again and they will help me to solve this with investigation of EU institutions. Actually buyer and seller - both satisfied and institution is holding my money for no reason as i havent done anything ilegall. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Good to know.

Login to Me Too

Lukáš
Contributor
Contributor

ty for helping me, see you later 🙂

Login to Me Too

crazy-frag1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Brother !!

i have the same problem , what to do please help me !!

they blocked my balance and my solde is negative example ( -26$ )

thank u

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.