I never received an email stating I received a payment

debgram
Contributor
Contributor

A friend said he sent me money but I never got an email to claim it.  I just signed up for paypal yesterday and my bank account is verified.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi debgram,

Welcome to the Community! 🙂

This could be due to a couple of possibilities:

First, have your friend double-check his transaction history. Does the payment show as completed, or unclaimed? Have him really thoroughly review the spelling of your email address to ensure that he didn't accidentally mistype it.

Another possibility is that the email may have gone to your junk mail folder. Check your email program's spam folder to see if it's in there. Some providers also have filters at the server level that may misinterpret the notification as junk mail.

I recommend logging into your PayPal account, and looking at your transaction history to see if there are any payments. Also check your Profile to see if you've completed confirmation of your email address. If your email address is unconfirmed, the payment won't show up in your account until you've confirmed the address.

Please come back and let us know how it worked out! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi debgram,

Welcome to the Community! 🙂

This could be due to a couple of possibilities:

First, have your friend double-check his transaction history. Does the payment show as completed, or unclaimed? Have him really thoroughly review the spelling of your email address to ensure that he didn't accidentally mistype it.

Another possibility is that the email may have gone to your junk mail folder. Check your email program's spam folder to see if it's in there. Some providers also have filters at the server level that may misinterpret the notification as junk mail.

I recommend logging into your PayPal account, and looking at your transaction history to see if there are any payments. Also check your Profile to see if you've completed confirmation of your email address. If your email address is unconfirmed, the payment won't show up in your account until you've confirmed the address.

Please come back and let us know how it worked out! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

debgram
Contributor
Contributor

I found out what my problem was, I was off 2 letters in my email addy, spell corrector changed it and I didn't realize it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.