I'm missing money.

sketchyringtail
Contributor
Contributor

I had roughly eight dollars in my account (with some change) when I checked a couple of days ago. I went to check my account a few seconds ago to see how much I had and I only have four dollars in my account.

I'm very confused as to why my money is missing. Someone please help!

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I guess you must have bought something for $4 recently?

If you have funds in your paypal balance paypal will always use from there first and if not enough the rest from your other funding source.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent transactions and see if they were funded or part funded from your paypal balance. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sketchyringtail
Contributor
Contributor
I always use my paypal to pay for things online but that is not the case. I haven't purchased anything in a week. Also, when I made my purchases, the payments were taken out right then. Worse yet, there is no transaction history for the missing money, it's just gone.
Login to Me Too

Lemoncore
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also missing money, When i made my numbers today I saw I'm missing over $50 USD and tehre's no transaction of any kind of pament on my history? ;_;

Login to Me Too

Fayaz
Contributor
Contributor
I've had the same problem as Lemoncore, but all I had was $10, and now zero, with no transactions, not even from when I received it.
Login to Me Too

anomalytech
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing has just literally happened to me. Saturday, I looked at my balance and clearly remember being excited about having $698 in the account. I especially remember this because it is probably the highest it has been in a long while. Then, after several more sales totalling ~$70, and also having the charges applied from a Friday expenditure of ~$40, I now only have ~$650!? (I should have ~$730) I've looked through the transaction history with absolutely no luck of finding where the heck this $80 has gone! This is extremely frustrating because the only true record I have is my own memory, which obviously won't get me my money back! I am seriously considering taking screenshots of the balance everday from here on out.

Has anyone found out what is going on? This almost seems like some hacker's work.

--Max

Login to Me Too

winster244
New Community Member

it might be because paypal charges an additional hidden 2.5% in the exchange rate. This applies if you are buying from outside the US. so a $100 purchase would incur a $2.50 loss in your account that goes to paypal

Login to Me Too

abatenoj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem but my amount is little bigger.

I've had just over 2200 $ on my account, and I have withdrawn about 1650 $ and amount what was left on the account was pending and weren't available so I couldn't withraw it.

I've had left just over 550 $ on the account and all I had is to wait that money is free for withrawal.

Yesterday morning I log into my account and I can see that I have only 80 $ (I've had few smaller payments so amount should be higher than it was 10 days ago) and 545 $ is missing. That was one transaction that was pending and now it seems that I have withrawn that amount although it wasn't free and I haven't withrawn it.

I have sent a message to paypal and still no answer.

Please help!

What do I do now?

How can I prove that I haven't withrawn the money?

Login to Me Too

anomalytech
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck man, that is way worse than in my case. I seriously hope everything works out. PayPal seriously needs to find out what is happening here! Are we being hacked?? Not cool in any case, and I KNOW that this stuff isn't fee related. No records AT ALL of where the money went, PayPal will show you when they take fees out.

--Max

Login to Me Too

edwin_n89
New Community Member

last week my roommate sent me 150 Euro saw it on the eyes. TO gin has not been as low as 1 Euro and people with paypal do not respond to questions.

When i get back my money i deleta that fu++++ing accout 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.