I am secured or not ?

Sonyel
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys . I am selling gold in games for real money if games . These days , i will make my paypal verified too . For example , if one give me payment , i give him gold , him can refund and I get scammed ? Or I am secured ?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Assuming you're dealing with intangible items or in this case digital goods - as stated in the User Agreement, you are not eligible for Seller Protection.

Here's a snippet from the User Agreement:

13.3 Ineligible Items. PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:

1. Intangible items, including Digital Goods
  2. Services
  3. Real estate, including residential property
  4. Businesses
  5. Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats
  6. Custom-made items
  7. Travel tickets, including airline flight tickets
  8. Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
  9. Items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including items bought through In-Store Checkout at the retail point of sale
  10. Items that violate eBay’s Prohibited or Restricted Items Policy
  11. Industrial machinery used in manufacturing
  12. Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards
  13. PayPal Direct Payments
  14. Virtual Terminal Payments
  15. Personal Payments

Even if your payment is not eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection, you can file a Dispute and try to resolve the issue directly with the Seller; however, PayPal will generally not find in your favor if you escalate a Dispute to a Claim for an item which is not eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection.

Login to Me Too

Sonyel
Contributor
Contributor

so if him buy digital goods , like what I sell , him can refund money ? 

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, you could loose money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.