How to copy a recurring billing profile to a new profile before first transaction occurs

always_coding
Contributor
Contributor

I am using PayPal recurring billing through PayFlow to create monthly billing profiles for my site members as they sign up. There are times where I need to copy their billing profile to a new profile using the PNREF number of the last transaction performed on the profile I am copying from. Here is my dilemma, I have to set the start date for the profile to a month from the join date which seems to mean that I would not have a first transaction until then. The problem is that for the clone scenario, I need to make that available the moment the profile is created. Now, I am using the "OPTIONALTRX=A" option when I create the profile to force a $1.00 amount authorization transaction for the profile. If I go to the paypal administration, I can see the $1.00 transaction go through and void out, however, from my code, if I call SubmitTransaction method with "Action=I" and either "PAYMENTHISTORY=Y" or "PAYMENTHISTORY=O" I do not get see any transactions in the resulting string that is returned. Other information is returned, just not the transaction information. Am I missing something as I assume this should count as an optional transaction and it runs immediately, I would assume it would show up when I perform an inquiry from my code; especially considering that I can see the transaction listed on the administration screens? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.