How long does it take for available credit to restore when a customer returns or cancel a purchase?

axb
New Community Member

I recently bought a TV that didn't work, it's on it's way back. I'll pick a different seller this time. Just wondering how long it takes for the credit to restore after returning/canceling since I like the option of buying it interest free and managing payments for 6 months.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Merchants have varying timeframes for processing refunds for returns. You can generally expect to see the refund credit applied to your account within 7-10 business days of the date the merchant processed the refund.

You can see refunds online.

Here's how:

Click PayPal Credit. You can see refunds since your last statement on this page.
Click View statements, then click on the desired statement date to see refunds that posted on a previous statement.

If you’re still waiting, you may want to contact the merchant directly to verify the following:

Did they receive your returned merchandise?
What’s the amount of the refund credit you can expect to receive?
Have they issued the refund?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I would say give it a couple extra days for PayPal to restore the credit limit once item is received by merchant and refund is processed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.