How do i prove to paypal that gmail address is really my email.

rvic23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have recently ran into a problem with a paypal acct.  I am a seller on ebay and thought I linked the two account to receive payments from buyers.  Well the email address i used to register with ebay is the same email address Ive used for some time.  Its an email I use to pay my auto insurance and other things.  My personal account information for google clearly states my information, my date of birth etc. I used the email to log into paypal two days ago and all the recent transactions from my ebay auctions are all there, the phone number on the account is correct(my mobile) but to my surprise the name and address are completely wrong.  The name is not mine and neither is the address.  And for those two reasons, paypal says that it is not my account.  I have been on the phones back and with fourth with ebay and paypal.  Ive tried to explain the transactions are all mines...they are all items i auctioned and shipped from my home address.  I also tried to tell them I could provide any type of documentation to prove my identity to clear up this matter but so far there has been no response or any solutions.  I have funds that are becoming available for the items of my completed auctions, but I am unable to access them because they have locked the account.  I dont know who the person whos name is on "my paypal" account.  theyre all my ebay auction transactions, and my mobile number but the name and address are off the wall.  I feel like not enough is being done to resolve this.  Those funds are rightfully mines and its upsetting. I dont understand that with the information from the transactions arent enough to help prove to them I am telling them the truth.  Ebay even confirmed to me that the email i registered with them is the same as the email i thought i linked to paypal... its sound awfully confusing...i know.   I just want to know what i can do to prove to them i am who i say i am so I can get my money for the items i worked hard to sell.  

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

since you have access on the account and the phone number is correct try adding a dummy email and remove the old email then setup new paypal account using the email then pass all the funds to the new account. you might run into a security check but thats the only workaround I can think off.

EDIT: Sorry did not saw that the account was locked

Login to Me Too

rvic23
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I ended up having to open up a an entirely new paypal with an alternative email address but still cannot access the funds thats are from my auction earnings.   In my opinion, this is a fairly easy case to deal with I just dont understand why paypal is making this harder than it is.  There is no way to contact the person by phone because the mobile phone listed on the account is  my mobile phone.  As far as the address listed on the account, I google the address , and the address happens to be a homeless shelter on skid row here in Sacramento.   Apparently this paypal account has been open for a few months already but the first and only time I have ever accessed this account was just two weeks ago when I opened up my ebay and started selling for the first time.  Will paypal do a thourough investigation or will this be sweept under the rug.  I dont know what other options there are, and forgetting about my funds or letting someone take the credit for my hard work is dissappointing.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It sounds like someone has succeeded in hacking into your account and change the address and other personal information in your account?

opening  a new account would not help,unless you can access your old account and send money to your new account.

Right now You have no access to your fund. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if someone can hacked into your account and change the name and address of your Paypal account,either you have given them the password or they have a way of getting hold of it.

Did you ever sell your old phone,laptop,PC ?

Did you try calling that homeless shelter and ask if there is such a person ?

Login to Me Too

rvic23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, And mind you this is an email address that i have been using for sometime.  Like i mentioned before, I use it for my auto insurance account and for Avon and other things.  I told paypal reps that I could prove this was my account, i was willing to scan any documents and even screen shot the google account info with my name dob and how long i have been using this email.  No, i have not sold any phones or old computers of that sort at all.  I had no other choice but to open another paypal account because I have active auctions on ebay now.  The thought of someone else being able to take what is rightfully mines is frustrating.  They said there was a Ticket to investigate the matter but i dont know how long that will take or if they plan on investigating it at all.  I tried to call the homeless shelter but they said they have people going in an out that they have no way of telling me even if they could.  Its actually the street address of a soup kitchen where the homeless get together and hang out during the day .  I cant understand why my proof and the transaction information isnt enough to go on. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.