How do I make recurring/automatic payments to PayPal credit.

airbornecpa
New Community Member

I really do not want to have to remember to make the payment to my PayPal credit account. How can I set it up so that payments are made to it automtically from my bank account?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

biltmoreliving
New Community Member

I was disappointed that there was no answer posted here.  I have to remember to go in and add multiple payments (I think only 4 or 6 allowed at a time when it was BillMeLater)...then I am not told when I am late because my auto pays expired.  $35 late fee popped on and nearly two cycles before I realize that the 3-4 phone calls without messages is this card!  Why can't they allow for such a set up to where it is automatic without having to schedule future payments?  At any rate, I just found out that it is no longer BillMeLater...so I go on to the PalPalCredit site and cannot maneuver through it to see make the payments...only the current and late payments.  It is not intuitive for the paypal credit functions...you almost have to stumble upon it, and I found this FAQs but going through 'contacts' at the very bottom of the page...and then the answers are not there for what I think important questions.  VERY dissappointing for PayPal!

Login to Me Too

hangnloose
New Community Member

All I want to do is make a payment from my bank and I can't find where

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dustin

Hi interventions,

Yes, you can make automatic payments. Here’s how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click PayPal Credit.
  3. Click Make a payment.
  4. Click Automatic payments.
  5. Select the amount to pay each month.
  6. Select the payment method.
  7. Click Continue.
  8. Review your payment details and click Agree and Schedule Payments.

Note: your payment will process on your payment due date each month.

If you haven’t linked your accounts yet, you won’t be able to schedule automatic payments. To link your accounts, visit www.paypalcredit.com.

I hope that helps. 🙂

- Dustin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

greenkg

@PayPal_Dustin - Your answer is not correct. If you click "make a payment" whether you try to schedule one-time or automatic, it just says "Good news! Your balance is paid in full" and does not allow any payments to be scheduled. Can you provide a response on when this feature will be fixed?

Login to Me Too

philglov
New Community Member

The pay you credit card page does not have a link to setup automatic payments.  The only links on the page are to view payment history and to add a bank.

Login to Me Too

laurentiuv
New Community Member

How can i set automatic payments for the minimum amount in order to not pay interests? But at the same time not paying full balance. Full balance means i would forfeit the "pay in 6/12" months offers. Pay the minimum means i would have to pay interest...

Where is the option to just the minimum that assure that would be no interest?

Login to Me Too

Vonsterlynn
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer. You say "5. Select the amount to pay each month" which is only the minimum, or the full balance.  Is there a way to set up an automated payment to pay "some other amount" besides minimum payment or full balance?    I would like to pay more than the minimum, but less than the full balance, to help pay down the balance over time.

Login to Me Too

bassrocker
New Community Member

Seems to be impossible to set up auto payments for a specific amount personal accounts.  I've tried in two different browsers for 2 consecutive billing periods.

Login to Me Too

Hi PayPal_Dustin,

Thank you for your response. Most of the folks here are struggling to easily use the promotion offered by PayPal - no interest, 6/12-months. So, how can I setup to pay for the 6-month promotional period in 6-months, using autopay which is linked to my bank account? 

Thank you,

@PayPal_Dustin wrote:

Hi interventions,

Yes, you can make automatic payments. Here’s how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click PayPal Credit.
  3. Click Make a payment.
  4. Click Automatic payments.
  5. Select the amount to pay each month.
  6. Select the payment method.
  7. Click Continue.
  8. Review your payment details and click Agree and Schedule Payments.

Note: your payment will process on your payment due date each month.

If you haven’t linked your accounts yet, you won’t be able to schedule automatic payments. To link your accounts, visit www.paypalcredit.com.

I hope that helps. 🙂

- Dustin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.