How do I make recurring/automatic payments to PayPal credit.

airbornecpa
New Community Member

I really do not want to have to remember to make the payment to my PayPal credit account. How can I set it up so that payments are made to it automtically from my bank account?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Tracer3
New Community Member

@Specific_amount wrote:

Hi PayPal_Dustin,

Thank you for your response. Most of the folks here are struggling to easily use the promotion offered by PayPal - no interest, 6/12-months. So, how can I setup to pay for the 6-month promotional period in 6-months, using autopay which is linked to my bank account? 

Thank you,

@PayPal_Dustin wrote:

Hi interventions,

Yes, you can make automatic payments. Here’s how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click PayPal Credit.
  3. Click Make a payment.
  4. Click Automatic payments.
  5. Select the amount to pay each month.
  6. Select the payment method.
  7. Click Continue.
  8. Review your payment details and click Agree and Schedule Payments.

Note: your payment will process on your payment due date each month.

If you haven’t linked your accounts yet, you won’t be able to schedule automatic payments. To link your accounts, visit www.paypalcredit.com.

I hope that helps. 🙂

- Dustin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Vonsterlynn
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Dustin

Thank you for your reply.  It does not, however, address the limitation on autopay to pay ONLY the minimum OR the full amount.  There is no way to pay MORE than the minimum on autopay.

Login to Me Too

Vonsterlynn
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Dustin,

Why isn't there an option under Automatic Payments to pay more than the minimum?  AutoPay only allows the minimum payment or the full balance.

As others have mentioned, there is no way to setup to pay MORE than the minimum automatically.

The option to pay more than minimum is available under the One-Time payment.  WHY isn't this available under automatic payments?  Can we request this to be added?  If it is in progress to be added in the future, can you tell us when?

Thank you,

Shawn

Login to Me Too

interventions
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I would like to setup my bank account to use their electronic bill pay to pay my paypal credit account on a biweekly basis as this allows me to "set it and forget".  And in order to do so, I need an account number.  My bank already has bill me later in their system, all I need is an account number.  Or if that is not an option, does paypal allow you to set payments on a biweekly basis that does not end?

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too

Abedusa
New Community Member

I have the same problem and I am shocked to see the response above from Paypal!

It looks like Paypal customer support have no clue how their system works.

Login to Me Too

res2152
New Community Member

So the bottom line is...we can't make recurring payments to paypal using our bank bill pay?

Login to Me Too

RTBoss
New Community Member
That's right. Because they won't let us set up recurring minimum payments, they get to charge us if we miss payments. Anyone else interested in filing a class action lawsuit against Paypal to remedy this?
Login to Me Too

Vonsterlynn
Contributor
Contributor

@RTBoss  It appears that we can set up recurring minimum payments or we can setup recurring payments of the full balance, but there is no way to pay MORE than minimum to pay off the balance in time.

I am interested in a class action on this.  Seems like leaving this option OUT of autopay insures that without a lot of hassle on our side, we will end up paying the interest anyway.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just pay for an attorney if you want to start a class action lawsuit.  It starts as a private issue between you and your attorney.

Just do it.

Login to Me Too

betyouaint
New Community Member

I still can't find the automatic payment options as described previously. This is a basic feature of all credit cards in this day and age. The only reason not to have this feature (or have it easily accessible) is to increase the chances of a customer missing a payment and thus incurring interest and late fee charges. Underhanded practices that should be the subject of legal action.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.