How do I make a payment to PayPal

hennigh
Contributor
Contributor

The "make a payment" option is gone. The new and the classic forms both haven't got it. So how do I make a payment? Should I just forget about it and not pay? That doesn't seem right. But PayPal won't answer, either. I'm probably missing something really obvious, but they won't point it out to me. So. . .how do I make a payment?

Login to Me Too
629 REPLIES 629

Wet
Click on smart connect, it isn't highlighted in blue so you wouldn't know to use it, once you click on this you will go to a page where it will say make a payment
Login to Me Too

desertlunchbox
New Community Member

To pay your line of credit for paypal, you need to go to the summery page in the classic view. In the middle of the page you will see this "The account history table only shows activity that's connected to your PayPal account. View all PayPal Credit activity" Once you click the link, it will take you to your old credit line i.e. "bill me later" for a second with a window that says take me to paypal, or something similar. Then the two credit lines will be linked and you can pay your credit line.

Download latest completed payments
Select file type

Select file type

Download your activityFrom 12/19/2014 to 1/18/2015
Choose the file type

Choose the file type"

Login to Me Too

MinnScott
New Community Member

in mid-January 2015, the paypal credit has vanished from the summary page, classic or new view. I have found it on the Wallet yab, so we'll see if it works now.

Login to Me Too

KristyMB
New Community Member

I also agree this is a headache and it's rediculous that i would have to call to make a payment because there is a $15 fee to pay by phone what the heck

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Nicole

Hi KristyMB,

Thank you for posting.

When making a payment to PayPal Credit with a representative over the phone or through the automated payment system (866-380-3752) there is no fee charged.  Both services are free.

Thank you,
Nicole
PayPal Credit
Login to Me Too

temp20180930d
New Community Member
They want you to miss your payment so they can charge interest. If you're not thorough or have a time constraint you very well may end up doing so. Taking away the "make a payment" button?!?! Like SERIOUSLY?
Login to Me Too

cmdixon

How do I make a payment?

Login to Me Too

poofey
Contributor
Contributor

I need to make a payment on paypal credit...where do I go?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Nicole

Hi Everyone-

Thank you all for posting. I  hope the below information will clear up some of the confusion.

When making a payment to PayPal Credit you first have to know what type of PayPal Account you have.  The instructions are different for personal vs. business PayPal Account.

For linked Personal PayPal Accounts-

1. Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.com.
  2. Click PayPal Credit.
  3. Click the blue  Make a Payment button
  4. Select the amount, payment method, and date of the payment. Please note that you may not use a credit card to make a payment to PayPal Credit.
  5. Click Continue.
  6. Review your payment details and click Pay

For linked Business PayPal Accounts

1. Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.com.
  2. Click the "Money" tab at the top of the screen
  3. Click PayPal Credit at the bottom of  the "Money" screen
  4. Click blue Make a Payment button
  5. Select the amount, payment method and date of payment.  Please note that you may not use a credit card to make a payment to PayPal Credit.
  6. Click Continue
  7. Review your payment details and click Pay

If you have followed these directions and you still cannot see your PayPal Credit Account information in your PayPal Account please contact PayPal Credit Customer Support. Occasionally we see PayPal Credit Accounts  linked to a closed or old/unused PayPal Account.  When this happens the PayPal Credit Account information will not be visible unless you log into the unused account.  Our customer Support team is happy to help ensure PayPal Credit is linked to the correct PayPal Account.

Customer Support can be reached at 866-528-3733.  You will be prompted to enter  your account number, but if you do not know it please hold through the prompts and you will eventually be connected with a customer support representative.

Thank you,
Nicole
PayPal Credit
Login to Me Too

MROGERS411
Contributor
Contributor

Where is the link to click on PayPal Credit? I have looked and looked and looked, sent emails to customer care (and was just told to click paypal credit) one thing is... there is no paypal credit option under the summary which is where I was told to go. and this is a personal account. I dont want to call and do it over the phone. Why don't you guys go back to bill me later, this has really made a lot of people upset!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.