How do I confirm my bank account?

mari_c
New Community Member
Okay, so, I want to know how do I confirm my bank account or credit/debit card without giving my password. I'm 19, and since my mom doesn't like to give passwords online I have to go with it. I read a few articles and some answers here about how it works and apparently there's a way I can do it. Seems like the PayPal will deposit two times in my account and I need to confirm it. But how do I do it? And, most important, do I have to send the money back? I mean, it would be the obvious, but I want to be sure. Please, explain the best you can because my mom is pretty hard to convince, so I need to have all the information right.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mari_c

How do I confirm my bank account?

These steps apply to Personal PayPal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to your account to see the steps that apply to you.

Here's how to complete the confirmation process online:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Wallet near the top of the page.
  3. Click the bank you want to confirm.
  4. Enter the exact amounts of the 2 deposits made to your account, then click Submit.

Click here to confirm your bank account now.

Note: It usually takes 2 to 3 days for the small deposits to appear in your bank account. Please check back if you don’t see them yet. The small deposits are temporary and will eventually be debited from your bank account. You need to confirm your bank account before you can move money from your bank.

You can also confirm your bank account instantly if your bank offers the service. Here’s how to check: 

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  3. Click the bank account you want to confirm.
  4. If instant bank confirmation is available for your account, it will show on the next screen.

Please keep in mind that this is only available for U.S. and Canadian banks.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.