How Long Does It Take?

Izmerelda
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I cancelled a payment and according to my PayPal account it has been completed, but according to my bank account it has not? Is there a certain time limit that I should know about? If there is I have a suggestion to PayPal, my transaction should NOT be listed as complete, rather it should say pending.

Thank you for your help.

~Izzy

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you cancel a payment it can't just do a u-turn back to your funding source it has to clear to paypal and then back again.

When it gets marked as completed it means that paypal have completed your request for the cancellation. You may have to wait up to a week for it to hit your bank account or card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Izmerelda
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I was just wondering about the process. Never had to cancel a payment and was not sure how fast it took to put the monies back into my account, as refunds are almost automatic.

~Izzy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Izmerelda,

Welcome to the forum! 🙂

Money transferred between PayPal and your bank account, in either direction, will take 3-5 business days for US accounts. Once the payment has cleared into your PayPal account, it will be available for you to spend or withdraw as you see fit. If not used or withdrawn, it will remain in your balance.

I hope this helps! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Note to self go back to UK boards and don't go over the pond again as obviously an approx week is not 3-5 business days. Smiley Wink

Bye bye U.S     Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

kernowlass!

Nooooo!!! We love having you here. You're always welcome, any time!

You're definitely right. 3-5 business days is about a week. You made a very good point that the funds don't u-turn back - I wanted to further clarify that without manual withdrawal once the funds have finished clearing, the funds would remain in the account.

Please do stay! 🙂

As Adrian would say, I'll distract you with this kitten! Cat Wink

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Only teasing. Smiley Happy

Didn't expect  a reply Smiley Surprised

Like kittens.  Cat Very Happy

Like over the pond...been lots of times. x

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

I'm very glad you're staying. We love having you in the US Community Forums whenever you pop over.

Hooray for Kitten Distraction! Smiley Wink

Olivia

Login to Me Too

hung3d
Contributor
Contributor

how long does it take for a refund to show up on my credit card statement if it say Credit to Credit Card on paypal on June 19th?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi hung3d,

Welcome to the Community!

Credits to credit cards are sent right away, and the process is automatic. The amount of time it takes to show up on your statement will vary depending on your credit card issuer. The vast majority will update your online statement within a few days, but some may take up to a full billing cycle. If you don't see it within a few business days, you may want to contact your credit card issuer to find out what their practices are.

I hope this helps! 🙂

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.