Help (or clarification) on Cancelled orders

Kyoti

I have tried twice now to make a purchase online through PayPal. And both times it was "Cancelled" and I received emails saying that it had an error processing in my order "Canceled: You canceled your payment, and the money was credited back to your account."

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that a payment made via PayPal would not be billed until the order actually processed but yet in the aforementioned email it also states "Refund Information- A refund has been issued to your original method of payment and the funds should be available within 10 business days."

And then here on PayPal I see this "Canceled: You canceled your payment, and the money was credited back to your account." But I didn't cancel it.

And (found here on PayPal) yet another description of "canceled" -

"Canceled: The sender canceled this payment."

...all a bit confusing.

I called my bank and they didn't see the funds withdrawn from my account and couldn't tell me why it could have possibly cancelled.

ETA- I used direct transfer (from bank account), not a credit card, debit card or any PayPal balance money.

But I am still a little leery since this was quite a bit of money x2 

So I am wanting to know if someone could clarify this for me -

- If the payment will never get withdrawn from my account or will it?

- And why would it have canceled? Since I didn't cancel it.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I haven't had a chance to search or look around.

ETA: Have had some time now to do a little searching but still confused as nothing seems to outline this directly.

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.