Help! I sold my first item and the payment is not in my account

Melinda1989
New Community Member

I just sold my first item on ebay. It says "viwe paypal transaction" when I click that the money is not in my account?! DO they hold payments for so long? IDK where it could be! 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Melinda1989

Info for new sellers below:

Why your payments are held.

• You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
• You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 as a seller and have not yet established a record of good performance
• You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
• You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
• You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
• You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
• You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.
Depending on the circumstances, paypal may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

How can I get the payments released before 21 days.

1. If your buyer leaves feedback (pos) then funds are normally released within 48 hours of that feedback being left.
2. If you decide to send an item trackable then you can add the tracking number to the details of the paypal transaction and funds are then released when the item shows as delivered + 3 days.

What if I have met the criteria for release either earlier or at 21 days and the funds are still held.

Then you can email or phone paypal via contact us bottom of paypal pages with the transaction numbers of the items and ask them to "hurry up"

Login to Me Too

bfulthesalz
New Community Member

Sorry to break it to you, but even if you meet all the criteria, and call and email Paypal to "hurry up" as the above "advisor" instructs, it still won't happen.  Paypal gets their cut before the money hits your account and they don't give a damn if you ever get your money.

They seem to think buyers propel their business when it's in fact sellers who pay them.  Their service stinks.  Call them and I guarantee you'll talk to an Indian.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Not always the same for everyone you win some you lose some!

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If the buyer has paid using PayPal and the payment is not shown on your PayPal account history page, the payment may have been sent to an email address which is not linked to your PayPal account.

The most likely reasons for this are... you may have misspelled your PayPal email address in the payments section of your eBay listing, or... you may have used an old email address, or... you may need to confirm your email address.

To check which PayPal email address was used in the eBay listing, click on the "Sell similar" link for that item and look in the payments section. If you have access to that email address, login to your PayPal account and "Add" the email address to your account. The payment will show up right after you confirm the email address.

If you do not have access to that email address, you will need to ask the buyer to cancel the payment and resend the payment to your correct email address. Send the buyer a PayPal invoice, using the "Request Money" tab from your PayPal account, to make it easier for the buyer to pay.

To check whether the email address needs to be confirmed, login to your PayPal account, click on the "Profile" tab and select the "Update" link in the "Email" section of the personal information page. If the email address is not confirmed, click on the "Confirm" button to initiate the confirmation process.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.