Getting customer's phone number when they pay an invoice

coreman
Contributor
Contributor

I can get the phone number when they buy products when they use the cart but when I invoice them I don't get the phone number which I need for FedEx and Customs forms. Is there a setting which will make PayPal include this information on the invoice payment detail?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi coreman,

This is not an automatic setting in an invoice. I'd suggest adding instructions in the "Note to recipient" field advising that an order cannot be completed without the phone number. If the buyer does not add the information, you can email them to request it, or refund the payment.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

coreman
Contributor
Contributor

yeah, I've been doing that but because of the time difference it tends to cause a cascading multiple day delay to the order. people don' seem to read the "fine print" before hitting PAY. i have it set for my website orders, I'm just surprised there isn't a good way on an invoice to require it. likewise I'm surprised the "block payments from foreign accts" is active for invoices where you REQUEST money (the related question I also posted)

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the duplicate posts. I put them in the wrong place I realized and then couldn't figure out how to delete/move them

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi coreman,

I'm sorry about the frustration you're experiencing with getting the message across to your buyers. If you'd like, you can post your feedback about invoicing features in our Feedback forum. The primary purpose of that forum is to invite discussion from other members about any feedback you have, so the opinions and ideas can all be seen in one place.

Thank you very much for participating in the Community!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.