Generate tax receipt for donors?

UCFAWebGuy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm on the board of a small 501(c)3 nonprofit with a PayPal account. We have a donation button on our website, but we'd like to be able to send donors a tax receipt for their contributions. Is there a solution available to automatically generate a receipt when a donor sends money to our account?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Dustin

Hi UCFAWebGuy,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. 🙂

That's a good question. Every time a PayPal customer sends a payment they receive an emailed receipt. This receipt contains the name or business name of the receiver, the date it was sent, and the amount that was sent.

- Dustin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

UCFAWebGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Do you know if that's sufficient documentation for the tax deduction? Any way to customize the message on the receipt?

Login to Me Too

mroth

got the same response from Paypal. Can someone please shed light on whether the receipt generated by Paypal for a registered 501c3 has the proper language so the donor gets "credit" by our friendly IRS?

Login to Me Too

Ckaysnp
New Community Member

Has anyone been enlightened on whether there is a way for a 501(c)(3) to customize a receipt for donations received, or if the generic receipts are acceptable by IRS?? We do not want ANY problems with IRS

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.