Funds on Pending Status

Guccikombe
New Community Member

This is really odd!!! I received a payment from a usual client worth $190. That was a month ago. However, thee funds were not credited to my account and have been held on a "pending review" status.

What is PayPal reviewing in this transaction that takes a whole month plus and still counting? It is not the first time the client has sent me funds, why are they holding this specific one (note: Client has ever sent me more than this amount before).

Before you say it, I have already contacted PayPal over 15 times via their messaging system, none of these messages has been replied to. I really do not know what else to do. Your opinions and assistance as a community will be highly appreciated

Thanks all!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go to: https://www.paypal.com/help

Scroll down to Help Topics.

Click Problems.

Click Funds Availability.

Read the second FAQ.

This is a formality.  While you could have been receiving such payments with no hold before, don't matter if you are a seller or not, seems the system can choose any transaction for review.  All part of PayPal monitoring their transactions.

If you need assistance, best to contact a PayPal rep by phone.  Click contact on bottom of page or via that link above.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if it's "pending review" it might something to do with compliance or OFAC review. contact paypal to verify

Login to Me Too

OpusForty
Contributor
Contributor

Contacting a rep by phone is a lengthy and painful exercise in futility. Contacting a rep by email is impossible, because the email won't go through...I just get an error message.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.