Fake papypal emails

CraftxD
New Community Member

Hi, I recieved 3 emails from serXXXX @ int .paypal. com , one of them saying I recieved payment of $5,700 but that it is currently on hold and that I will recieve the money as soon as I pay $600 to the shipping handler through moneygram and send back the money tracking info. The second email said the same thing. And the third email was from a "represantative from paypal" stating the same thing for the transaction. I have not made any payment since I doubt this is actually from the paypal team, so I forwarded all 3 emails to spoof@paypal.com. I would appreciate it if you could help me out with this! Thanks for your attention.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

OR

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Also their is no seller protection on paypal for any type of motor vehicle.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

amna0502
New Community Member
Don't trust anyone unless you receive money, I sold my MK watch for the first time on ebay to the buyer called (siobhafallonhoga2) he got my paypal email address for payment and actually made extra paymant which was surprising same email I got saying money has been debited from his account and will credit to my account right after i give them the tracking code i will share that email below for your help , but luckily as i was new to ebay i told him i will not send you the item untill i get money and he said it has been taken from his account i will receive as soon as I ship the item and by chance I just googled is there anything like that paypal has introduced for security? And saw your guys comments thank you so much for not letting me been scammed 🙂 I'm sharing some part of the email i got so you can also see the shipping address where scammer asked me to post. Hope it helps xx Payment Details: Amount Paid Fee: £150.00 GBP Transaction ID: 61X18232SX684540E ----------------------------------- In addition, this confirmation is due to the new standard PayPal Payment Method adopts by PayPal. This security process was adopted by PayPal due to the high rate of complaints received from our Merchants that after payment has been received by seller; they hesitate to ship out the item to the shipping address provided. ***Respond to this e-mail within 24 HRS and get back to us with the genuine Barcode. It is on a very rare occasion that problem arises on eBay Transaction and we are here 24 HRS to make amendment if such occur. ATTENTION! Don't give the Shipment Receipt Barcode number to the buyer until your PayPal account has been credited by us to protect both buyers and sellers on eBay. Furthermore, PayPal implore you to ship this item via Royal Mail International Signed For. (With Barcode) on Saturday, November 28, 2015, and send us the shipment Barcode of the postage for verification process to take place. Your fund is safe and intact with PayPal. ----------------------------------- Buyer's Shipping Address: ----------------------------------- Abraham Doris, No: 7A Goke Close, Ede, Osun State, 222001. Nigeria. Status: ConfirmedHelp We hope to serving you better. Mrs. Aaron.S. Roseline
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.