Email about billing in foreign currency not authorized

Liljinxie
New Community Member
I have gotten these emails and I haven't authorized this payment and it's not showing up in my "real" PayPal statement - who IS this? "PayPal Hello , Your payment for £271.45 GBP has been sent. Recipient: PayPal Smart Connect Payment Method: Echeck Payment Amount: £271.45 GBP Payment Date: May 21, 2016 To cancel Payment click here. Thanks for choosing the PayPal Smart Connect. Sincerely, PayPal This PayPal notification was sent to you. PayPal will not sell or rent any of your personally identifiable information to third parties. For more information about the security of your information, read our Privacy Policy. Copyright 2016 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131." Should I be doing something? H?jŽÙÁÔUšMI?óÖí!Pr£Ý
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DenimDan12
Contributor
Contributor
I would definitely call in just to be safe.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Scam.

You could foward to spoof@PayPal.com

Lots of clues.

Hidden clue is not disclosed.  I suspect that you'll find the email is not from PayPal if you check the detail header information.

PayPal real emails will address you by name.

The date seems to be wrong, at least here where it is 20 May.

If you were to make a PayPal payment you couldn't just cancel it.  Suggesting yu click a link to "cancel" would be the place where you give your private information to the scammers.  I suspect the link details would also show not PayPal.

Finally, there is no record in your account, so not to worry as long as you didn't click the phishing link.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.