Ebay Payment Still Not Showing

edtheeditor707
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I'm new to ebay and receiving money on paypal. I recently sold an item on ebay and the buyer states they've paid via credit card. It has been one week and no payment or even pending payment has appeared on my paypal acct. I have verified my email as well as my user names on both paypal and ebay. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I have read in most cases new ebay sellers receive a pending/hold on the paid amount. So i'm wondering, why in my circumstance have I not even received that? What should be my next move? 

Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated. It's been one stressful week.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

edtheeditor707
Contributor
Contributor
thanks for such a quick response. I have done this twice to double check myself. The email is exactly as it is on PayPal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then have you linked your ebay and paypal accounts?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

You dont have to link your ebay and paypal accounts, I never have and I have never figured out what the reason is for doing so? as my account have always worked fine as they are.

Login to Me Too

edtheeditor707
Contributor
Contributor
Yes they are linked
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then can you ask your buyer to have a look and see what it says next to the transaction in their paypal account??

1. Pending.

2. Unclaimed.

3. Unclaimed with a cancel option.

4. Completed.

Also have you had an email from paypal asking you to claim it? Can you check your junk folder.

Also do you have a personal or business account??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

edtheeditor707
Contributor
Contributor
Buyer does not have PayPal. Says he paid with credit card and it was charged I have a personal PayPal. I have constantly checked my email of any PayPal emails of any sort with no avail.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK firstly you are not supposed to be selling with a personal account.

Secondly buyers can only use this option for sellers with a business account which is what you should be using if you are selling on ebay.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

edtheeditor707
Contributor
Contributor
Wait now I'm confused. My PayPal is personal... Which acct are you referring to eBay?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.